Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC home screen never show up

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I start Premiere Pro CC 2019 on my computer the first screen I see is "Blank screen" like in photo 1 (Attached Image),

The home screen that I'm supposed to see with my latest project that I'm working on, like in photo 2 (Attached Image), never show up.

How can I fix this issue?

Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having this issue for a while, too. I have tried:

• Logging out/in
  • Reinstalling
  • Trashing preferences
  • Granting CC and Premiere full disk access in System Prefs/ security
  • Copying the "Adobe" folder from another user's Documents folder where the Home screen DOES show up
  • Turning on or off CC File Syncing

I'm having this issue on a 2012 MacBook Pro and a 2020 iMac. My Windows machine and the iMac's local administrator account has no issue loading the home screen. I can't even envoke the home screen if I wanted to. I thought maybe it had to do with using iCloud Documents and Desktop folders so I turned that off on the iMac to no avail. While a fix isn't exactly necessary to get any work done, it sure would be nice to have back. Thanks!

Usually running the latest version of Premiere Pro and related apps. Currently on a 2012 MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB running macOS Catalina 10.15.7, a 2020 iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7 with 40GB RAM and a AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB, and an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Windows 10 system with 16GB RAM with a 4GB GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has seemingly resolved itself. Today I opened premiere and confirmed it still was not shoing the home screen. Clicking the home button in the workspaces bar did nothing as well. Quite Premiere and held down "option" as I clicked the icon in the doc to trash preferences upon opening it. Same thing - no home screen. Quit Premiere to move onto something else and happened to open Premiere once more while installing Davinci Resolve and bam - home screen. Quit and opened again to confirm it wasn't some fluke. I'll report back in the event it goes away again. No clue what got it to show up again.

Usually running the latest version of Premiere Pro and related apps. Currently on a 2012 MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB running macOS Catalina 10.15.7, a 2020 iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020) 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7 with 40GB RAM and a AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB, and an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Windows 10 system with 16GB RAM with a 4GB GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , i have same problem with after effects and premiere same time, and i cant find any way to fix that.pleaaaaaaase help me i neeed to fix that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be signed in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed in already,but it doesnt work yet.i made a new windows account,and run premiere in new account, home screen appears but it dosent show recently projects....its made me crazy 😦

Please help if anyone know the solution 🙏🙏😩😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this continued to be an ongoing issue that seemed sporadic. What it turned out to be was a symptom of using Digital Anarchy's "Transcriptive" plugin. I finally noticed when I read the plugin's update whitesheet which pointed to the Javascript enging Premiere uses called "New World." In previous versions of the plugin, turning New World off would make the plugin work better, but would kill the text and home screen panels as outlined here on their site: https://digitalanarchy.com/transcribe-video/premiere/faqs.html

What is 'New World' and why should it be Off or On?

New World is Adobe's name for their new Javascript engine (Transcriptive is mostly written in Javascript). It's usually better for Transcriptive if it is turned Off, but this can cause some problems in Premiere.

With New World turned On, loading metadata from clips and sequences can take longer. There is something about NewWorld and the amount of metadata that Transcriptive generates that causes this slowdown. Generally, Transcriptive works fine with it On, but if you're switching between a lot of clips/sequences, the loading times can be annoying. We made Adobe aware of this problem in 2020 and as of now they still have not fixed the issue. So, for Transcriptive to work best, it's preferable to have New World Off.

However, turning New World Off causes issues with some Premiere panels. Notables the new Text panel and the Home screen (where they show you your recent projects, etc.). Neither panel shows up if New World is Off. We made Adobe aware of these problems in early 2021 and they haven't fixed those either. The Home screen isn't that big of a deal, but obviously the new Text panel not working is a big problem. So, it's probably best to leave New World turned On, but just know that any slowdown you see in Transcriptive Rough Cutter is due to that.

New World is supported in the newset version of Transcriptive Rough Cuter. I am unsure how many of you are using this particular plugin but it's possible you're using some other plugin that uses the New World javascript engine. If that's the case, might I suggest removing all third party plugins and seeing if that brings your home screen back. If it does, bring back your plugins one at a time until you find the culprit, then contact the manufacturer or see if there's an update to the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is in Here.

In video explaining how you do it. I was had same problem but now all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkIbdNN2FzU

Steps 

1. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\

2. There is  a File name "UXP"

3. Change it  as "~UXP"

4. Fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem and this fixed it.   I wonder what the purpose of the folder is?  Will there be something that doesn't work now?   So far so good,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines