• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC- Not importing video from MP4?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been messing around in Premiere Pro all day, trying to import an MP4 file from a DVD I ripped. I'm trying to reduce the whole movie into clips, and then segment those clips into frames. Every time I get into Premiere Pro, though, and I select the file to import, after it finishes processing the only thing that imports is the audio? I've gone through VLC and tried converting the file type, and I even went through Adobe Media Encoder and switched it to .AVI. No matter what, when I try to import this MP4 it will only bring in the audio. All of the files play fine in VLC though?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

It was a problem with BOTH the original MP4 and the location of the file.

Went into VLC and re-converted the DVD, checked "NO Disc Menu," saved to a different location (This PC> Videos instead of This PC> Documents> PM). After the DVD was done converting/saving I re-opened Premiere Pro and imported the file. Video imported along with audio.

Prior to re-ripping the DVD, I had also cleaned the memory cache, restarted my computer, and renamed/relocated the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting your media cache and then rename the folder the clip is in. Restart PrPro and see if it works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work. I cleaned the media cache and renamed the subfolder, and when that didn't work, I went so far as to move the source clip (to Documents), delete the old project and start a new project, then I tried importing said-clip once again, and it still will only import the audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mightbe a bad rip or the codec is not supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was a problem with BOTH the original MP4 and the location of the file.

Went into VLC and re-converted the DVD, checked "NO Disc Menu," saved to a different location (This PC> Videos instead of This PC> Documents> PM). After the DVD was done converting/saving I re-opened Premiere Pro and imported the file. Video imported along with audio.

Prior to re-ripping the DVD, I had also cleaned the memory cache, restarted my computer, and renamed/relocated the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines