• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE PRO CC18 FILE SIZE: H.264 on 10minute video = 742mb....No Matter What The Content Is?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Having a super frustrating day of it, I have no idea why my file sizes are so huge.

I've even just put a black video for 10mins and its STILL 742MB.

Any problem solving would be great......it just seems ridiculous that I can download a 50mb video clip thats 10mins long, then put it into Adobe Premiere and click export and its estimated file size is 742mb.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

I think the size of the exported file should only depend on the final bitrate.

size (mbit) = length (sec) X bitrate (mbit/sec)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size of the exported file depends on the codec, bitrate and compression settings you choose in Media Encoder. It does not automatically choose them for you, and the concept of 'matching' the timeline only caters for the resolution and frame rate.

If you don't understand codecs, bitrates and compression methods then you need to take a step back and learn. Premiere is not a one-click toy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the size of the exported file should only depend on the final bitrate.

size (mbit) = length (sec) X bitrate (mbit/sec)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CBR vs VBR. Compressed vs uncompressed. Many reasons why a particular video frame will end up smaller (or larger) than the average 'target' value. If you choose the right settings a black video can be compressed to an extremely small file even though the bitrate of the initial frame is very high, with the wrong settings it will ignore the fact that every frame is identical and you end up with a massive file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the douchey response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post a screen grab of the Export Settings panel for review

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines