• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC2018 v12.1.1 crash, work lost.

Enthusiast ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was in Premiere Pro CC2018 v12.1.1 working for about 30 minutes... I usually save all of the time but cannot specifically remember if I had or had not. My auto-save is set to the default. The crash caused Premiere to prompt to send the report which I clicked to do. After that, noticed all of my auto-saves were from yesterday, and the project itself had not been saved today. What's odd is no auto-save after 30 minutes of work. I'm not 100% certain, but didn't the older Premiere attempt to auto-save the project before closing the app upon crash? Apparently didn't happen where. I'm certain it had been open for 30 mins. I'm guessing I didn't save in that period and that auto-save did not occur.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

I think it depends of the sort of crash Premiere is having and may offer a recovery project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon  wrote

Instant Auto Save – Adobe video & audio apps

Hi Jim, That's a nice feature suggestions but it seems the current auto-save feature should work as documented. I assumed it would concretely auto-save every interval... after reading docs just now, it's actually unclear what it's supposed to do... the assumed behavior seems clear when reading the intro but the "Note:" adds confusions. Seems the docs should just state how it works and not refer to "Earlier" ... which I assume means earlier versions.

Configure preference settings in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont just rely on auto save solely.

You should make a habit of making a Save a Copy to another drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann... I do that fairly religiously but not in this case... was wondering why AS failed in this case. It was also surprising to not see pp attempt to save recovery project on crash... maybe I'm thinking of a different app which does that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it depends of the sort of crash Premiere is having and may offer a recovery project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann... I see other posts (in other discussions) about AS being unreliable ... but does anyone know how it actually works regardless of how it is supposed to work? I know PP has interrupted me before while I'm actively using it... it begs the question, how can 30 minutes go by without one auto-save occurring? The default AS of 15 minutes should have at least saved once. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your project might be corrupt without you knowing.

If you dont see auto save on a regular basis appearing and there are no made in the auto save folder you might want to make new project and import old one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Your project might be corrupt without you knowing.

If you dont see auto save on a regular basis appearing and there are no made in the auto save folder you might want to make new project and import old one.

Same project (not a copy or anything like that) works with auto-save today if I just leave it sitting there. I'm suspicious there's something up with the mechanics of the auto-save feature because I've seen others post about oddities before. I usually save copies ... this was just a lazy non-critical whatif editing session... I was just surprised because no auto-save but more importantly no prompt to save upon crash. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the current auto-save feature should work as documented.

The current feature, even when working, is no longer sufficient.  It makes no sense for Adobe to spend any time making it work to any degree.

Let's get it scrapped and the new one implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines