• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had cc2018 and I just did the latest update. After the update was installed I tried to open a project, but Premiere won't start anymore...

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall Premiere, but without any success. I still can't open Premiere. HELP!

Every time I try to open Premiere the start screen pops up for a second and then everything closes...

This is happening all the time. Is anyone else having this problem after the update? What can it be?

Everything was working fine this morning, before the update... How can I fix this?

I'm working on a Mac Pro (late 2013),  3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  I was looking for a major video levels fix that's caused us several QC rejections.  Oh well, back to legalizing in Final Cut....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Premiere 12.1 splash screen disappears after few seconds and nothing happens.

Media Encoder doesn't start up and gives this message:

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 19.28.59.png

Uninstalled and re-installed the latest versions.

Trashed Adobe prefs. Didn't work.

Where can i download the previous versions?

All the other Adobe updates seem to work fine.

I'm on a mac pro with Sierra 12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you downgrade? This is incredible frustrating. I can't open Premiere either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The following steps fixed the issue for few users. Please try:

1. Uninstall all 12.x version of Premiere Pro.

2. Backup the Preferences before next step(~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0/Profile-USER)

3. Rename the following list of folders to Old_foldername.

~/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0

~/Library/Caches/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0

~/Library/Preference/com.Adobe.PremierePro.CC12.plist

~/Library/Saved Application State/com.Adobe.PremierePro.CC12.savedState

Note: All the above folders will be in the hidden library. Here are the steps to access it: Access hidden Mac OS library files

4. Empty trash

5. Reboot the machine.

6. Install the latest version(12.1)

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not attempting to install this update until Adobe fixes the software and releases a patch. I pay to have a piece of software that works and doesn't require me to fiddle around in the library folder. I'll wait to see when you release a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya

OK, doing your steps got Premiere Pro 12.1 to install and launch on my Mac, but I still cannot launch Media Encoder.

Do the same steps need to be applied to the existing Media Encoder installation?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to bail out and return to the previous versions of Premiere and ME.

There is a problem in the 12.1 Premiere where it won't retain workspace organization.

In returning to ME to the earlier version, I also seem to have lost all my user presets.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problems. Downloading older version now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about Media encoder? your fix got Premier going but Media encoder is crashing now..... Why do I have to hack my system for a profesional Editing software that your company charges monthly??????? Please correct your issues before you release updates... you heard of beta testing.   Thats what you used to do when we purchased the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I delete the renamed OLD folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the Typesupport folder in the cache folder for Adobe Media Encoder and it works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you show images of how to do this on a Mac? I can't find the folders anywhere even though I can access the "secret" library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on Windows7 64bit. Premiere Pro , After Effects, Media Encoder won't launch. What is the fix on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried the permissions fix and it didn't do anything. Can someone please help me downgrade? I've never done this before and I'm on an edit deadline. Can't believe this problem is happening right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the creative cloud menu, where you would have done the update, there is a pull down menu that allows you to install previous versions

Jeff Cowie

Supervisor, Digital Media and Production

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem occurred here. Went to do the 12.1 update (from 12.0.1) this morning after finishing a project and found out that neither Premiere Pro nor Media Encoder would not start. Photoshop, After Effects & Audition updated and work. Downgraded Premiere and AME back to 12.0.1 and they work as before.

Operating a Mac Pro 32gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the downgrade guide. Back on the previous version now, which works fine.

Hope Adobe comes with a pic for this soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1cameras,

I marked Vidya's answer as correct as it has solved most every case with other customers. If this is not working you, specifically, please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Wouldn't open premiere after the update. After Effects worked just fine. Media Encoder came up with Adobe Media Encoder Error Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue.

I'm seriously not impressed.

I managed to fix premiere by renaming the files mention to 12.1. I suppose I'll have to try that trick with media encoder as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note to self - Yes - renaming the files for AME worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah! It opens but won't actually encode anything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remind me again why I'm paying for this software on a monthly basis?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines