• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had cc2018 and I just did the latest update. After the update was installed I tried to open a project, but Premiere won't start anymore...

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall Premiere, but without any success. I still can't open Premiere. HELP!

Every time I try to open Premiere the start screen pops up for a second and then everything closes...

This is happening all the time. Is anyone else having this problem after the update? What can it be?

Everything was working fine this morning, before the update... How can I fix this?

I'm working on a Mac Pro (late 2013),  3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1cameras41775950,

Sorry for the trouble. Please reset the permissions & try again. Here are the steps: fixing permissions problem that impedes start of Adobe applications | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

If the issue persists, login to a different Administrator account in OS & try launching.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the permissions didn't help.

Premiere did launch, logged in with a different administrator account, but that's not really fixing the problem...

It still doesn't launch while logged in with the account we're supposed to work with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 1cameras41775950,

Just for a test, install the previous version of Premiere Pro(12.0.1) & try launching.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did that so I could continue working on the project.

The previous version (12.01) is just working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to version 12.0.1 worked for me. The trouble is in the update. Same with Media Encoder.

Running

Mac Pro,  3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32GB 1866 MHz DDR3

MacOS Sierra version 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, I see now that I have the same problem with Media Encoder as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vidya.

My system:

Computer MacPro 5.1

Os 10.11.6

Ram 32GB

Gpu NVIDIA Quadro K5000 driver (346.03.15f06) cuda driver (8.0.90)

Like 1cameras i've open new user session in my computer and the application launch perfectly. But from my user that i use to work doesn't.

Just unistall the new version 12.1 and install previus version 12.01 and everything works perfect.

So, we have a problem whit the new one, don't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to install previous version, it works now. Im on a MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reinstall 12.01? I have the same issue updating o 12.1. Please advise. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have the same issues,

how do I obtain an older version of premiere pro?

thanks,

Lukasz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to creative cloud app, go to apps, then premiere pro, click on the drop down arrow

next to open, click on manage then older versions. Install the version you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the frustration.

Resetting the permissions didn't help.

Make sure to apply R/W permissions to all enclosed folders, not just the folders at the surface. Do this to every folder Adobe has access to. This is a troubleshooting step I perform with each major update or either macOS or Premiere Pro and my system always performs as expected.

Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

I'm convinced that bad permissions are the major source of issues with a Premiere Pro installation on macOS. So run this routine with each update of macOS or Premiere Pro.

Premiere did launch, logged in with a different administrator account, but that's not really fixing the problem...

It still doesn't launch while logged in with the account we're supposed to work with. 

Your user account might be corrupt. See if you can repair the account: How to rebuild a user account in OS X - CNET

Report back after checking permissions and rebuilding your user account.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset all permissions and still no love.  Not going to do a new user account as I find this rarely, if ever, is the issue.  Same issue with Media Encoder with the same message as above. Tried with a reset prefs and plugin cache during Premiere startup as well.

It's definitely a Mac problem as the update worked without problem on my Win7 machine.

MacPro 4,1

OS 10.11.6

You can re-install last version with the CC App. Pull down the little chevron beside "Open" and select "Other Versions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had similar issues on our iMac, premiere import (dynamic link) won't work in AE (AE update seem to work fine). Premiere won't even open after update. Tried the permission suggestion but did not work. Downgraded Premiere back to 12.01 and everything's working.

Highly advise against updating Premiere until Adobe address this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. I have changed all folders to R/W and hasn't changed anything. The startup screen pops up to launch but didn't load or anything, then a "crash report" pops up and closes the startup screen. Please help I have videos that need to be done ASAP!

OS Windows 7 home premium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I set the folder permissions to read-write, but that did not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Have you tried the steps mentioned in below KB document?

Application crashes during launch on mac OS

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, quit, restarted etc numerous times.

I deleted the folders as recommended, then deleted the whole premiere folder.

It still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Permission are all set correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is NO preferences folder in the windows link you describe!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.

Premiere doesn't work anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alejandrob52547169,

Are you on Windows or Mac? What are the system specifications(OS version, RAM, GPU, GPU driver number)?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, alas I was looking forward to some of the new features. A downgrade worked.

iMac 12,2

OSX 10.12.6

32GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. I guess i'm downgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines