• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro cc2018 won't start anymore after latest update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had cc2018 and I just did the latest update. After the update was installed I tried to open a project, but Premiere won't start anymore...

Already tried to uninstall and reinstall Premiere, but without any success. I still can't open Premiere. HELP!

Every time I try to open Premiere the start screen pops up for a second and then everything closes...

This is happening all the time. Is anyone else having this problem after the update? What can it be?

Everything was working fine this morning, before the update... How can I fix this?

I'm working on a Mac Pro (late 2013),  3,5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

running macOS Sierra version 10.12.6

screenshot.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Hi All,

The issue is fixed with the latest update of Premiere Pro(12.1.1). Please update & let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 214 Replies 214
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly! 2-3 versions back... Some users haven't formatted their systems since CS 5.5.
And the solution was already stated: Flush leftovers. There is tons of plugins out there, if one plugin was installed incorrectly, that might cause new problems that no one even witnessed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brainburst1  wrote

A typical system most certainly is NOT a fresh system. For the last 3 years anyone on CC subscription will almost CERTAINLY have previous versions. Which is why I am calling it debugging malpractice if they don't test under conditions that will be true for the majority of their subscribers!

+1
Doesn't Adobe itself recommend that you keep multiple versions of Premiere on their system, since they can't get the whole compatibility-between-versions thing sorted out...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. But if you have been updating since 5.5 and updating all the plugins along the way, one simple mistake by running an app from a disk image instead of copying it to the Applications folder on a Mac, you will definitely run into problems along the way one way or another. If an installer crashed during an installation you will face problems, if you lost power while working on Premiere you might face problems... you see where i'm going with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forced to upgrade today as one of our collaborators is using the most recent version successfully.

I dont even get the startup splash screen, just the 'cannot be launched' message.

Win7 pro, 32gb ram, i7 6820hq.

Since the master file has been saved in the 12.1.1, i cannot move this project forward. this is a problem. Is there a way to downgrade the file itself?

I rolled back to 12.0.1, but that doesn't help this project progression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ADOBE,

what must i do, when some client's don't whant make the ADOBE update?

Other software company's have a installer,

there is our life mutch mohre easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem. Older versions work no problem but since an update to 12.1 Premier Pro won't start.

A Windows error code is displayed: Can't open the application correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close application.

Just updated again (30-04-2018) and still doesn't work. (Also After Effects doesn't start anymore). I can't tell you which version is now installed as neither programme will start.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro (up-to-date) on an HP XPS Laptop. Before these updates everything worked fine. I also tried to solve this problem via the Adobe Support Service (Chat) but unfortunately no solution was found.

I'm paying good money to lease this software and I would appreciate a fast solution.

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Mark,

This has been logged as a BUG and here are workarounds.

This issue is noticed if you have Integrated Intel Graphics + NVidia GPU.

Go To Device Manager>Display Adapters and Disable the NVidia Graphics card.

or Go to NVidia control panel and modify the settings in NVidia Control Panel in 3D programs settings.

Select "Integrated graphics" in "preferred graphic processor", not NVidia.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this still no help same error as listed above.  Bad timing I really have some stuff I need rendered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the work around Vinay. I managed to get Premier to start after disabling the NVIDIA card in the Device Manager. Altering the settings in the NVIDIA interface doesn't work.

However the problem still needs to be solved. After switching off the NVIDIA card the performance drop is unacceptable.

When can we expect that this BUG is fixed?

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Vinay+Dwivedi  wrote

HI Mark,

This has been logged as a BUG and here are workarounds.

This issue is noticed if you have Integrated Intel Graphics + NVidia GPU.

Go To Device Manager>Display Adapters and Disable the NVidia Graphics card.

or Go to NVidia control panel and modify the settings in NVidia Control Panel in 3D programs settings.

Select "Integrated graphics" in "preferred graphic processor", not NVidia.

//Vinay

Thanks for the update, Vinay. What is Adobe doing to compensate its customers for the time wasted troubleshooting this issue and/or for our inability to use the product that we are paying for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compensation comes in the form of supplying the product to new customers at a discounted rate so they, too, can enjoy the perpetual frustration induced by lax engineers and product development managers at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Dwivedi, I have also been unable to open any newer versions of Premiere Pro/After Effects/Media Encoder.  As soon as I uninstall PP 12.1.1 or 12.1 and re-install 12.0.1, PP works properly.  I have tried all of the suggestions and the only suggestion that works is to disable the NVIDIA adapter, which also disables my secondary monitors, which is completely unacceptable and not even a temporary solution.  I too have been patient...but now that it's been over a month, there has to be someone smart enough at Adobe to figure this out.  Can you please delegate the appropriate resources and personnel to permanently solve this issue for us so that we can finally begin to use the newer features that we are "paying" for?  Thank you in advance.  Here are my screen shots for reference: 

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sethh84795926  wrote

Mr. Dwivedi, I have also been unable to open any newer versions of Premiere Pro/After Effects/Media Encoder.  As soon as I uninstall PP 12.1.1 or 12.1 and re-install 12.0.1, PP works properly.  I have tried all of the suggestions and the only suggestion that works is to disable the NVIDIA adapter, which also disables my secondary monitors, which is completely unacceptable and not even a temporary solution.  I too have been patient...but now that it's been over a month, there has to be someone smart enough at Adobe to figure this out.  Can you please delegate the appropriate resources and personnel to permanently solve this issue for us so that we can finally begin to use the newer features that we are "paying" for?  Thank you in advance.  Here are my screen shots for reference:

Diito here on mine with everything mentioned by sethh84795926 - Nvidia "fix" disables multiple monitors, crash error on all versions other than 12.0.1, can't use files from other team members who have upgraded - I can't upgrade, they can't downgrade existing projects, and the time spent on trying various fixes is unacceptable for a product I am paying for. I would also like this looked into and fixed with high priority.

Thank you. Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also agree, that this is notacceptable! May 20th and still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated PP to 12.1.2, AE 15.1.2, ME 12.1.2...The problem is not fixed and I am still experiencing the exact same error code/screen as pictured above when trying to open any of these programs.  Please fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!  This is absolutely ridiculous.  After years I finally start paying for Adobe products and I get rewarded with software that won't even launch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed; it's BRUTAL that Adobe can't even be bothered to release working software. That being said, it's, um, er, *cough*... you're, uh, probably not going to, uh, win any friends on the official Adobe forums by implying that you've been, y'know,
pirate-baby.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm *sure* what they meant was "my company used to play for this, but now I'm working freelance and have to pay for it out of pocket".

You always assume the worst Derjis. 

And sure the software might not even "launch"--but have you seen the latest quarterly results OMFGBBQ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derjis​, I always enjoy your willingness to be sent to the forum purgatory know as "Video Lounge".  If only they employed as many people to QA their releases as they do to scrub their forums...

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."  George Orwell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did not, I can not open Premier it gives me an error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12.1.1, your latest Premiere Pro upgrade, does not start at all on my computer. When I attempted to start Premiere, I would always get the following message:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click oK to close the application."

I have had to stick with v. 12.0 (Haberdasher).

My computer is a Velocity Micro NoteMagix M17 running Windows 7, with Intel Core i7-4710MQ CPU 2.5 GHz and 32 GB of RAM, and with Intel HD Graphics 4600 and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M video card.

All of the suggested fixes I have seen posted on this thread by Premiere users seem to be Mac-centric, and thus are of no use to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: your bug "fix" of disabling the NVIDIA video card (switch preferred processor to integrated graphics) did not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 25th, 2018.  Oops.  Everything was working just fine until this pm.  Re-installed latest version (12.1.1) with no success.  ARRG!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem.  Worked fine until Friday. Our other mac the app is still working but for how long?

Mark Stafford

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix for us was to delete all Adobe products including Adobe Creative Cloud and re-install. .  Whew!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines