• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crashing when working with Closed Captions

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a very simple project, involving just one single video clip and a Captions Item.

Closed Captions have behaved very weirdly. First, some of them displayed empty in the Monitor Window, but did appear when exporting .srt file. Then, at a certain point, the background switch from Opaque to Transparent in all the new captions, but remained Opaque for those that had been previously created. It is impossible to change it back (when I try to control this option in the Caption Panel, nothing happens).

But the most worrying and troublesome situation is that it keeps crashing all the time, after performing very few actions (always working with captions).

I've tried to contact Adobe, but their chat is always busy. Any help would be much appreciated, for this is for an important client and I need to deliver.

Thanks to all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere have an history of behaving badly with captions sadly (I've learned that the hard way).

What I would suggest, if what you need is an srt file, would be to use the open source "subtitle edit" software that is designed to import/create/stylize/export captions in a wide range of format.

It supports a video track so you can export your edit from premiere and use it as the base video track for your exported srt file.

You can get it here: Release Subtitle Edit 3.5.4 · SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit · GitHub

It saved me no longer than last month

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!

I'll take good not of the program you suggest.

I could finish my work with lots of patience working between crashes (luckily it was a short project this time) and editing some text in a text editor afterwards.

But next time, I'll definitely use this program!

Still, it would be nice if Adobe could fix this issues and we could keep working inside Premiere

Thanks a lot for your help! And please, excuse me for the late reply. Very busy days...

All the best,

Albert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you could finish your project on time.

Don't forget to fill a feature request form here: http://adobe.com/go/wish (or a bug report including the crashes you experienced)

It will help the developers know you need this to work, and the more people express their feelings about subtitling in Premiere, the more attention it will draw

Cheers,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok!

I wrote the Adobe people before writing the forum, but their customer service didn't work very well that day.

I'll do as you say, and let's see if we can make them fix it, so we can all work even better

Thanks for your support.

Best,

Albert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines