• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS4 4.1.0 is live

New Here ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is now available via AUM, and will be available soon on the Adobe.com updates page. The readme will also be posted at http://www.adobe.com/go/pr_readme_en, but until then, here's the info on the release (multi-lingual readme is also attached):

New in this release

• Additional support for REDCODE (please visit RED support for additional details).
  • Performance improvements to project load time.
  • Improvements to AVCHD support.
  • Performance enhancements for DV/HDV playback.
  • Support for Avid captured DV or IMX footage. (Please see www.adobe.com/go/kb409079 for additional information).
  • Export media to a still format now bypasses the AME render queue.
  • Enabled .VOB extension support.
  • Third-party support

Notable fixes

• All clips in last active sequence are no longer redbar when reopening project (#2278647)
  • Boris FX can get the clip dimensions for their filter setup dialog (#2274629)
  • CTRL+M is now the default shortcut for File‐>Export‐>Media (#2277908)
  • A bug that caused green frames in clips with 100% reverse speed applied has been fixed. (#2263918)
  • The last few frames of a time remapped clip are no longer rendered green (#2278907)
  • Adobe Premiere Pro can now open projects created in Adobe Premiere Elements 7. (#2267281)
  • ’Scale to Framesize’ on a clip in a sequence of matching frame size and PAR no longer causes the timeline to require rendering. (#2278908)
  • A bug that caused corruption in exported TIFF files has been fixed. (#252497)
  • Several issues with Adobe After Effects Filters and Track Mattes have been fixed. (#1882807,
  • #1876369)
  • Performance improvements have been made to Direct Manipulation (#2260316)
  • AVCHD 720p 30p are now imported correctly. (#2269541)
  • Relinking XDCAM EX clips that have been moved to a new directory is now more intuitive.
  • (#2272122)
  • A bug that caused fields to be reversed when rendering speed change on upper field first footage has been fixed. (#2260314)
  • A user can now copy and paste R3D footage from Adobe After Effects to Adobe Premiere Pro. (#1931580)
  • Several issues with effects that use track inputs, when the input track is a still have been fixed. (#2263816)
  • Playback performance of ProRes clips has been improved. (#2261047)
  • Playback performance of h.264 clips has been improved. (#1824690)
  • XDCAM EX clips no longer play one only audio track in the Source panel (#1929452)
  • A playback issue with Panasonic AG‐HMC150 recorded progressive AVCHD clips no longer causes application freeze (#2268148)
  • Blackmagic can now display titler output on external monitor (#2286733)
  • If a mapped drive is defined as the user folder for a roaming profile, Adobe Premiere Pro no longer crashes when attempting to write to the drive (#2291950)

Known issues

• Progressive 720 Sony AVCHD media files show an interlaced frame rate in Media Browser and Metadata panel.
  • AVCHD 1080p 30 and 25 progressive clips are interpreted as interlaced files in Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 projects.
  • If the work area end position is greater than the last frame of the last clip in sequence, then entire sequence is exported instead of work area.
  • Setting sequence-marks stops playback if the multi-camera monitor is open.
  • When importing QuickTime clips in AME’s batch queue for export, certain types of metadata (such as timecode) will not be propagated to newly generated clips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened on two systems since 9am EST, if that matters. But are you suggesting that perhaps the update packages were faultily delivered, instead of my install being messed up somehow? Just curious, as I'm going to refresh both systems from the ground up, anyway...

ADDENDUM: Both systems seem to be working OK now, after doing the uninstall/reinstall/update dance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheri -

Installing update right now...it looks like a great update!

I'm curious - at NAB, some of the computers at the Adobe booth showed (as well as some employees talked about) the 4.1 update having native AVC-Intra support - did that not make it into the final 4.1 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you saw at NAB was a technology preview, and AVC-i was not intended for 4.1. If someone told you that, it was miscommunicated.

Sheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheri Codiana wrote:

What you saw at NAB was a technology preview, and AVC-i was not intended for 4.1. If someone told you that, it was miscommunicated.

Sheri

Thanks for clearing that up, Sheri.

That's too bad - I was looking forward to that. Glad I didn't buy that HPX-300 camera yet...maybe I'll have to wait a little longer, or maybe get the EX-3 instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric Addison wrote:

Sheri Codiana wrote:

Sheri

Thanks for clearing that up, Sheri.

That's too bad - I was looking forward to that. Glad I didn't buy that HPX-300 camera yet...maybe I'll have to wait a little longer, or maybe get the EX-3 instead.

That sucks because the HPX-300 is much better at least if you do heavy post then 10 bit files are amazing to have. There'll be a cineform work around in a few weeks most likely. The new EDius supports it and Avid and FCP do or will soon. If it were me I might change my NLE or just to work with that camera.

Sorry bro that sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the updates going to be put on the updates site.  My installation is on a production machine that has no internet access, so I rely on the Adobe updates site rather than AUM.  They are not up yet. Neither PR or AME. When do you expect them to be added to the site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my original post, I mentioned that the Pr update will go on Adobe.com soon. I can't give you a specific time, sorry.

Sheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Thrill Media,

Did you try the "Time Warp" Filter or the Time Remapping feature?

The "Time Warp" filter had the issue.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time warp.  I didn't even know it was there as I generally use remapping.  But I saw that you said filter so I took a look!

Curtis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thrill Media wrote:

Time warp.  I didn't even know it was there as I generally use remapping.  But I saw that you said filter so I took a look!

Curtis

Thanks Curtis,

That is great news.  You should play around with it.  It gives stellar results!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed the 4.1 update. I was hoping that AVCHD playback had been improved but this does not appear to be the case (movement is still blocky). I had also noticed a bug in the histogram display of the video (adjust) levels filter - basically, the graph does not show the full range of levels in the clip and seems to be incorrectly scaled (i.e. all points too close to the baseline). I am using Windows Vista (64 bit) on a quad core PC. By the way, the size of the update file was 'only' 174MB - I hope that's correct.        

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve J Price wrote:

I have just installed the 4.1 update. I was hoping that AVCHD playback had been improved but this does not appear to be the case (movement is still blocky).

It's playing a lot smoother for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it a full 1080p clip? My 5D Mark II clips are still stuttering/blocky playback for me as well. I'm on a i7, 12 Gb's RAM, high-end editing machine...

MTS files from my Canon Vid camera (Vixia HF S10) have some timeline artifacting (average bit rate, 1440x1080). Mmmm.... not sure if this is all "normal" or I should move on to some other editors at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Mine was 330MB or something like that.  Does it say 4.1 under help?  You might want to double check.

It definately plays better on my system. Intel Core i7 940 @ Quad 2.93 Ghz

Good luck with it!

C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updates are now available on Adobe.com:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Windows

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Macintosh

Web help has posted as well:

English:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/4.0/

French:

http://help.adobe.com/fr_FR/PremierePro/4.0/

German:

http://help.adobe.com/de_DE/PremierePro/4.0/

Japanese:

http://help.adobe.com/ja_JP/PremierePro/4.0/

Italian:

http://help.adobe.com/it_IT/PremierePro/4.0/

Spanish:

http://help.adobe.com/es_ES/PremierePro/4.0/

Korean:

http://help.adobe.com/ko_KR/PremierePro/4.0/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The up date shows as a 30+ meg file for the 4.1 update.  How can that be right?  And, even so, when you try to download it says that it cannot be found on the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The size reported at the link is wrong - if you actually download the update, it's 110 Megs (at least the win version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously a typo. If you try to download it, the file size reports at 110+ MB.

That's the quickest I've ever seen an update available on the website, after just being released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, that is the size I got yesterday, which still works liike a charm--but I was hoping that it had AME in it today.  No such luck, and the AME update isn't up yet.  Rats!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct file sizes are:

Windows 112.9

Mac 134.2

I'll see what I can do about the listing on Adobe.com.

Sheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheri, while you're at it, please have them sort the list consistently. The 4.1 update is out of sequence.

(The trial version is listed as "Premiere Pro 2" on that same page.)

Cheers
Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldnt there some sort of tech note to also go download ther AE and AME updates; else all the new functions in Pr 4.1 wont work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no update on the server for AME yet.  That is the part I am missing

Did those of you using AUM get AME yet, or are we all waiting for that?.  Both the AE and PR updates are on the server--in record time I might add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes - the update seems to have solved a lot of issues. For me it is now possible to edit AVCHD 720P 50 on my Q6700. BUT - not in Vista 64 Business - only in XP. In Vista 64 the preview still stops every 5 secind and is making trouble all the time. And the Autotmatic qulity is to bad. In XP I can edit in High Quality - even a 2 GB file imports lightening fast - and plays back smooth and with no problems - but the very same file in Vista 64 is not working - only in draft mode - very bad. Why is Vista 64 making all this trouble despite it can use all 8 GB RAM against XPs 3 GB limit? I´m chocked.

Morten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - on Vista x-64 Ultimate SP1.  Have you tried SP2 yet? Not sure if that solves any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines