• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro encoding does not work..

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi could someone help me with this issue I have.. I have been using this app for the past 6 months on my laptop and it has worked perfectly fine... no issues but now it won't finish encoding as it is stuck at 0%

Laptop spec:

Dell inspiron 14 5410 2 in 1

8GB ram (upgrading to 16 in 1 month)

512GB Nvme 3.0 SSD (40% full)

Intel Iris Graphics (2GB)

Nvidia Mx350 secondary graphics (1GB or 2 GB)

Intel I5 11th Gen 10k smthn..

Windows 11 64 bit

I normally render My videos by exporting on premiere pro or sending it to media encoder.. it used to work fine but not neither one of them export properly .. I use Mercury playback engine hardware accelerated (CUDA) but now that option is missing so I use (OpenCL) then it stopped working? Usually I render the vid on H.264 on medium or high bitrate at 60fps and 48Hz audio stereo channel. 

Please do help me ASAP since I am a yotube content creator and really need this to be fixed 🙏 😢 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Hi KevanPlayz,

Sorry. You might try reinstalling the GPU drivers and get your CUDA acceleration going again. Then, I think you'll be back in business. Can you try it?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Hardware encoding in the Video tab of the export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Peru Bob, 

I tried what you told me to do but the same issue... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KevanPlayz,

Sorry. You might try reinstalling the GPU drivers and get your CUDA acceleration going again. Then, I think you'll be back in business. Can you try it?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I did what you told me and it actually works now! Thank you so very much!

Regards,

Kevan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! Thanks for letting us know.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I'm having the same issues exactly what did you do im not savy at this at all so bare with me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Sorry, you are having the same issue. The suggestion was to try reinstalling the GPU drivers and get your CUDA acceleration going again. After reinstalling the drivers, go to Project Settings > General and change the renderer to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA). See if that works for you. If you need more detailed steps, let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please I really appreciate it but I really have no clue what any of
that means please explain in detail what I actually have to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi William,

This article should help:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-update-your-gpu-driver-on-windows...

Then, after reinstalling the drivers, go to Project Settings > General and change the renderer to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA) with the drop-down menu there.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines