Exit

Premiere pro is very slow

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere latest version 

on a mac - catalina

Premiere is not  recognizing  some very normal codecs. It stutters... and the problem begins when i use more layers.

I reinstalled premiere 

reinstalled catalina

I think it has something to do with quicktime bu i am not sure. I would like to reinstall quicktime. But that seems to be impossible. Mac wont let me do that!

...any further suggestions?

gr Miel

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that Apple had completely ended support of all QuickTime 7-era codecs several years ago. And it's not just Premiere Pro that must end all support for the codecs that your content uses; everybody must also discontinue support for them. These codecs are NOT 64-bit compliant at all. They are strictly 32-bit codecs.

You can try transcoding (with the few third-party software programs that remain that still support those codecs) to a more supported codec, then import those transcodes into Premiere Pro.

Those codecs thay you deem "normal" are now deemed "obsolete" by the entire tech industry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hmmm! thanks anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines