• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro media export quality

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality of my exported video from Adobe Premiere is lower than that of the video within Premiere Pro - (CC 17) - specifically desaturated. I'm purposely not going into the details of the different settings I've tried, suffice it to say I've tried a lot and nothing matches. Now what I'm asking for in simple language is an answer to the following question-

Is this something I have to live with?

This is not for Youtube, I'm a filmmaker and this is for a client. I've been using exports before as is with CC 2015, but I now have a particularly testy client and my work needs to be spot on.

I've done some research and there appears to be a legacy issue with the H264 codec. I'm using a recently purchased Mac - I'd be happy to give more detailed info to anyone who thinks they can help.

Please & Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm purposely not going into the details of the different settings I've tried, suffice it to say I've tried a lot and nothing matches. Now what I'm asking for in simple language is an answer to the following question-

Is this something I have to live with?

Without full disclosure on your part...yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this may be a long shot but if you are watching with video legal players 16-235 instead of full range 0-255, then the black and white point will be incorrect. this will in turn, affect gamma, saturation, contrast as well. you can either use video players that support this feature with filters or luts, or burn in the desired levels with lumetri.

i made a lut that fixes this oversight. it will convert 0-255 to 16-235 and increase saturation.

you can ignore the fact that its a youtube preset, its actually a high quality iridas 64 cube transform lut.

fixmyyoutube - Creative COW

also, some nvidia control panels will force 16-235 playback in their graphic options menus further muddying the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines