• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro NOT compatible on my newest desktop BUT I am using it on older systems.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have tried today to install Adobe CC Premiere Pro (PP) on my newest PC (it's not brand new necessarily, it's just the newest and highest spec PC I have) but it is saying PP is currently not compatible (must be the latest versions of PP that is not compatible presumably). Meanwhile a much older PC I have still have PP running.

Any ideas on what I can do? or reasons why?

Some more key detail below.

The fact that I cannot use it on this PC is somewhat surprising because while this PC is still about 3 years old, it still is much newer than my older PC which is much lower spec'd than this PC; as I say PP currently still works on my older PC.

My newer PC, on which it is not compatible, though admittedly still 3 years old, when I had it built for me was at that time (2018) a very high performing PC (incl. it has three disks / drives two of which are SSDs along with what was then in 2018 one of the top graphics cards); as I say, on paper its miles better than my older one. 

I have attached the system information screenshot  for my current newer PC, in case that is helpful (system info incl. Summary and for the Display & Graphics, Disks and Drives).

Can anyone help on why it might not be compatible and how to work around it so I can use the latest possible PP on it? 

I am thinking maybe it is because my older PC still has the older PP that have not been able to be updated but still mean they can run PP.

While the current PPv version being offered by default on the CC website, is still too high spec for my current PC even if it is much newer and better spec'd.

If this is in fact the reason, what advice is there on how I can today download a slightly older compatible version of PP.

I tried to find a preceding versions of PP that will tun but could not locat any on any page of the Adobe website.

Or, if this is likely due to another issue, then any other trouble shooting solutions or advice would be most appreciated.

My current PCs system information is attached. 

Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

I have 2022 on exactly the same cpu i7-7820X and 1070ti running just fine.

You need to update nvidia driver. Premiere wont run on an old driver.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/184239/en-us

When was the last time you updated the bios?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

There are two major problems with your system:

• First and foremost, is your version of the Windows 10 operating system. The Windows version, 15063, is a build that dated from way back in April 2017. In other words, version 1703. Premiere Pro 22.1.2 (the latest release) now requires version 1909 or later of the Windows 10 OS just to even install at all. You will need to download and install the newest feature update to Windows 10 (which at the moment stands at 19044, or version 21H2) before you in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I forgot to ask: If it is an issue regarding which version of PP I am trying to install, then can anyone kindly advice from my system spec attachemenets, on what they think is the latest compatible version of PP to my PC; and where I can download it from. 

Thanks again 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2022 on exactly the same cpu i7-7820X and 1070ti running just fine.

You need to update nvidia driver. Premiere wont run on an old driver.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/184239/en-us

When was the last time you updated the bios?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all replies.

I will try this and it may have been the case the graphics card driver has not been updated since I recieved the system.

So, likely that could be it.

Will try this solution, if that does not resolve it, then will move on  to the other solutions  suggested incl. the windows driver. 

Thanks again Ann for taking tje time and the advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one file I looked at showed a GPU driver of 388.x ... so how about going to the Nvidia driver support page and installing the latest Studio driver for that card and then trying again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all replies.

I will try this and it may have been the case the graphics card driver has not been updated since I recieved the system.

So, likely that could be it.

Will try this solution, if that does not resolve it, then will move on  to the other solutions  suggested incl. the windows driver. 

Thanks again Neil for taking the time and the advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two major problems with your system:

• First and foremost, is your version of the Windows 10 operating system. The Windows version, 15063, is a build that dated from way back in April 2017. In other words, version 1703. Premiere Pro 22.1.2 (the latest release) now requires version 1909 or later of the Windows 10 OS just to even install at all. You will need to download and install the newest feature update to Windows 10 (which at the moment stands at 19044, or version 21H2) before you install or update to the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop app. In other words, your installed version of Windows 10 is now long obsolete (as is indicated by the "Not compatible" indication for Premiere Pro in the Creative Cloud desktop app, which is triggered by an outdated or obsolete OS version).
  • You never installed the correct Nvidia GPU driver at all for that GTX 1060. You just simply let Microsoft Windows Update install a GPU driver, which at that point was the very first released driver version for all Pascal-generation GPUs. And once again, Adobe Premiere Pro 22.1.2 now requires a driver version higher than version 470 in order to be deemed "compatible." Once again, your installed driver version is long obsolete.

So, please, update your OS to the latest feature update first (use Windows Update for this), then update your GPU driver (but download the correct Studio driver, not the Game Ready driver, directly from the Nvidia Web site) before you update the Creative Cloud desktop app and your installed Adobe apps. If you continue to let Windows Update install a GPU driver for that GTX 1060, you will get only the Game Ready driver that Microsoft or your system manufacturer deems best for your GPU, which may be several versions older than what's the latest driver version that's compatible with that GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all replies.

And especially for such a comprehensive diagnosis with yout two points, one of which is similar to that suggested by others.

So, if, what has already been suggested before - concerning just the Nvidia driver is likely to still not to be enough (which should not take to long to establish), then I will, as it seems will probably be necessary, also try these two solutions starting primarily with the the Windows 10 19044 update; then moving on  againt to the latest suitable STUDIO ready driver update for my graphics card.

One clarification though is that my card is the 1080Xand not the 1060X in case you misread; or, are you still staying that the 1060X driver is the one I want regardless of the Nvidia card I have. 

Either way,  I think the consensus is that this is an OS and or Nvidia garphics card driver update related issue so hopefully this will be sorted. 🙂

Thanks again RJL for taking the time and for the comprehensive advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1080, 1060... Both use the same driver. All Nvidia GPUs in a given group of recent generations use the same driver. In fact, the most recent Studio Driver version, 472.84, is compatible with all GTX and RTX GeForces from the 10 series (the GeForce GTX 1080 is of the 10 series) onwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RJL and/or anyone that can help

Apologies for the question - I am trying to install this on my son's computer.  We have a NVIDIA GeFormce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU, driver updated today with a May 2024 release (version 32.0.15.5585), OS is Windows 11 version 23H2, build 22631.3593, and we can't get PP to install.

Any ideas?  TY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot help there if I do not know which exact CPU is in that laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RJL I also a question. I just PP and it says that it is not compatible with my PC. I thought it was the driver because it was out of date but it still did not work after that. So I came here saw what other people had to say and then I saw you talking about the windows update so I did that as well. And still it does work for me. My specs are (Intel Core 19 14900KF, NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4070 Ti Super). I am also new to PC's so I don't way this will not work. Any help would helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The KF CPUs don't have the Intel QuickSync long-GOP H.264/5 hardware included, so they aren't great with some of the Canon, Sony, and Panny long-GOP media. AVCHD and suchlike.

Other than that, I can't see a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea I have no clue why it is not working I just want to edit some vids. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Can you give some more details where exactly you get the message that you PC is not compatible? Do you see this when trying to install Premiere Pro via Creative Cloud Desktop? Or already when on the web-site trying to download the installer?
In case of the website you might want to try a different browser like Chrome or Edge - there are known issues when using Opera where your system would not be detected correctly.

Best regards,
 Alexander

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message apears on the adobe website.

When I try to download PP it comes up with the messages 'Does not work on this device'  and 'Not Compatible'.

The error takes you to a page listing the minimum pc or mac0S device specs that are required for Premiere Pro. My device exceeds all minimum expectations however it keeps holding this issue. I am currently using Opera GX browser and I will try on Chrome and Edge but I have tried everything so if this doesnt work I am really not sure what the solution is, whether it be my system or a trouble with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In your case, Opera is the issue. Adobe's Web site does not properly support Opera to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines