• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro on iMac Pro continuously CRASHES

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new iMac Pro (32GB Memory, 16GB dedicated graphics) one month ago, yet my Premiere Pro application crashes about every 10 minutes. I could be searching through media files, previewing them on the source monitor, or editing footage (Canon 1080p 90-180mbps footage usually) in the timeline; it doesn't really matter, Premiere Pro will eventually crash.

About 2 weeks ago, I contacted Adobe Support. I shared my computer screen with a gentleman there for an hour and a half, but he couldn't figure out the problem. What he concluded with was that the engineering team is working to fix a problem related to searching in the media browser.

I was working on a Late 2015 iMac before upgrading, but then I started having the same issue with Premiere Pro crashing (which is part of why I upgraded to the iMac Pro, thinking it could be a computer processing issue). Now I can only assume it has something to do with High Sierra and Premiere Pro not agreeing.

It is very frustrating having purchased a $5000+ computer but not actually being able to reap the benefits of its processing power due to Adobe's failing application. To that I say....

Adobe,

I see many customers writing similar posts saying their application crashes randomly, so when will this issue be solved? Can you solve this issue faster than it will take me to learn Final Cut Pro? I have work to do and deadlines to meet; your program is limiting my workflow and productivity.

Sincerely,

A Frustrated Paying Customer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

The OP has not returned here in months, so we assume that her problem is solved. If Twert, or anyone else with an iMac Pro is experiencing crashes, please report the bug in the following location:https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Premiere Pro: Hot (3831 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Any other with the iMac Pro and stability? Create a new post.

We will now lock this thread.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have more than enough for my computer as well. It's a crappy solution, but it's one that I have found works. My IT was super amazing and took an older Mac Pro and set it up without a screen for me to use as a rendering machine. I save my project, open it there via screenshare, then export. My computer then is free to work on anything else at that time of render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, that's not a bad idea. Having another machine only for rendering. What sucks is my computer is the only one doing it, and everybody else's computer is working fine. That's what really sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a solution or work around for this  yet

i am a professional user  of adobe products thay is extremely unhappy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Is Adobe going to address this in a patch please?

My 18 core, 64GB RAM, Vega 64 16GB HBM2 system COMPLETELY FREEZES during export with CC2018 (latest).

It doesn't matter what codec is used. ProRes, Animation, H264 (hardware accelerated freezes it instantly). All freeze the system and I have to hard reboot.

I have tried: OpenCL, Metal, Software mercury playback modes.

I have tried internal SSD storage source and external Thunderbolt 3 and USB3.0.....and network.

ALL SAME.

IS ADOBE GOING TO FIX THIS ????

IS CC2019 GOING TO FIX THIS???

Why do I keep paying Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I assume that you have already tried completely deleting all Premiere Pro, Media Encoder files and reinstalling the programmes? Although it caused me real grief to do it, this was the only way I could continue my edit for a deadline last week.

My recurring problem was Premiere crashing every time I tried to saveas or save the project, also continually crashing without any actions during edits.

All seems fine now.

Running on 2015 macbook pro, high sierra.

fingers crossed....

Cassidy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to bump this thread and say that the SAME THING happens with Premiere CC2019. This is NOT fixed.

Using Software/Metal/OpenCL Mercury Playback options and exporting to Software or Hardware accelerated H264 directly from Premiere's exporter.

iMac Pro has latest High Sierra 10.13.6 as well.

Adobe PLEASE FIX THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The OP has not returned here in months, so we assume that her problem is solved. If Twert, or anyone else with an iMac Pro is experiencing crashes, please report the bug in the following location:https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Premiere Pro: Hot (3831 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Any other with the iMac Pro and stability? Create a new post.

We will now lock this thread.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines