Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro [ Pan & Zoom] Problem

Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, interesting problem I came across and I have no idea what's caused it.

I'm doing a simple pan & zoom type edit, zooming in, moving the camera, and zooming out. Problem is, when I make my edit ( from stationary ) to zoom in, move it around, and zoom back out, the "camera" or video now shakes around, very subtly.

Example being,

Position: 960 - 540

Scale: 100

TO

Position 1189 - 950

Scale: 178

I don't have any extra frames, or edits, but for some reason, as it zooms in and moves into position, ( usually ) the horizontal will move slightly from 960 - 1189 ( what I want ) - 1178 - 1189 ( back to what I want ) causing this sort of moving camera effect, which in a way is cool, but I don't want it. It's a subtle camera shift ( and it's not from the video ) but is somehow caused from me editing it. It will go to what I set it to go to, then ever so slightly move around and go back into place.

No mistakes, camera shifting from the video or misplaced edits. I have double checked countless times, redid the edit, so on and so forth. Is it a setting I can't find? I have looked it up, but no results or anyone else with a similar issue.

Thank you for your time.

First Edit ( Moved horizontal and vertical to where I want )

[picture removed by moderator per original author's request]

Second Edit ( Only touched the vertical but horizontal moves )

[picture removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Set all spacial keyframes to Linear: see if that will help.

On a side note: zooming in to 178 wont look nice, will give you quite a picture quality loss. I prefer not to go over 110%.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set all spacial keyframes to Linear: see if that will help.

On a side note: zooming in to 178 wont look nice, will give you quite a picture quality loss. I prefer not to go over 110%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is right, probably the Bezier setting on keyframes causing that. Right-click actual keyframes (diamonds) to get to settings for Linear.

On another note - assuming source is 1080p - do you need to deliver as 1080p also? Or might 720p suffice? If the latter, you can edit in a 720p Sequence, then use Set to Frame option on clips to make the 1080 clips fit the 720 frame, but the original "extra" resolution will still be available to provide better image quality when Scaling. Of course if you are only doing this a few brief times, may not matter really. But if you want to use zooming a lot, this could benefit the workflow.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it's not that. Thanks for the tips though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check both the Spatial and Temporal settings? There is no way the image should do that little dance if all is Linear. When all else fails, delete all keyframes and recreate the move and see if that helps. I do a lot of pan-and-zoom and don't have any trouble like you describe.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, both Spatial and Temporal are set to Linear. I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing Premiere and see if that does anything. I've used the program for quite a while now, and usually can troubleshoot, but this one is beyond me. I'll let you guys know if it fixes anything, here's hoping. ( Hoping it might do something since it's been doing it on every pan and zoom, maybe a download bug or something, really grasping at straws here. ) Maybe I have some weird setting checked or something. Who knows...

Thanks again for the help, you would think it would be the Bezier for trying to get that natural camera shake, but nope. I'm fully confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that's not it, I made sure every keyframe was set to Linear. Don't worry, the resolution seems fine after exporting in maximum render quality, and that's on my laptop full screen. I've seen lot's of pan and zooms that even have decent quality at 200%, not great, but if needed it works. I usually will work at 150%, works fine for me. But, it is an expensive camera able to record 4k, that may be a factor.

Thanks for trying to help, ill play around with it more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that you move the Anchor Point to the centre of your image before you start your move.

This tutorial shows how to do this.  https://youtu.be/jBBw2Ikfufk

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Anchor Point is already at the centre of the image. 960 / 540

I guess I have to state I have prior experience in Abobe Premiere.

This doesn't help with the problem I asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fully reinstalled Premiere Pro, and everything seems to be working normal now. No idea what the problem was, if I turned some setting on, a bug, or what. ( It wasn't just that one file obviously, I tested it. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines