• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro performance Issues since CC2020 update

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Premiere Pro CC 2020 and immediate, serious lag issues with scrubbing, playback and audio scrubbing. The 5-10 sec lag between hitting "play" and actual playback has returned. Went through this with 2018. Am I alone? Killing my productivity.

::edit::

My Specs are:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac18,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 32 GB

TOPICS
Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem here. I used to edit 4k like butter. Now in a simple timeline with only a two layers of video and a couple layers of audio, my project loses sync and while audio plays realtime, video lags a couple of seconds. Very annoying. Don't even ger me started with the hitting play, going for a cup of coffee and returning for the playback.

This is just one of a couple of major issues I have run into since installing.

iMacPro 2017

64 ram

2.5 GHz 14-Core Intel Xeon W

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB

1 tb internal sys hd

1 tb external Samsung T5 for cache and temporal files

16tb Promise Pegassus RAID 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh add crash of the adobe playback engine to that list. "A low-level exception occurred in: Adobe Player (player:11)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

Unfortunately, this wsn't helpful. I trashed them (again) anyway. Same issues persist. This is NOT a preferences issue.

Any other suggestions? This is a huge issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering, why does one update if they have a stable setup? Here we maintain multiple partitions and leave the working system available to boot to in case new bugs areworse than old bugs. We also never upgrade to a .0 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also keep the existing versions for our workflow, but we also like to try out new features to figure out how to incorporate them into existing workflows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are an enterprise shop. We don't maintain any redundant systems. We have to be identicle in platform and version to operate. Most businesses actually can't do what you do - which I admit sounds smart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the audio lag. It's really screwing up my timing, which is a pretty critical part of what we do as editors. Please fix this if nothing else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had major timeline playback issues since CC2020 update. I cant play any footage on timeline without a extreme lag and stutter. All clips play fine in Source Monitor, but as soon as I put clip in timeline, its impossible to play. I have triple confirmed this and I was on the phone with adobe tech for 2 hours doing a screen share to show and explain the issue. A lot of people have been complaining and posting on this community with this same issue. I even reinstalled CC2019 just to further confirm to the adobe tech that this is a CC2020 issue. And of course everything plays back smooth with no issue in CC2019. I really just want Adobe and all its techs and reps to acknowledge that there's an issue. Just be honest with the customers instead of giving a million different reasons of what it could be. Theres nothing wrong in saying, sorry have a issue with CC2020 and we are working on fix, but No they want to pass the blame. As I mentioned I triple confirmed it is definitely a CC2020 issue as so many other people have been posting about this. In addition this issue is happening on both of my systems, my iMac Pro and MacBook Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Still no update. No fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there anyone from Adobe who can address this issue? Total lack of support. I have the came issue but working with just audio on a 5.1 surround mix and on a deadline. I have 32GB of RAM on a 12 core Mac Pro. Extreme lag even with all video tracks hidden. It is making Premiere Pro unusable. Seriously considering cancelling my Creative Cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. They don't care. I guess Adobe is operated by inertia. Some issues are 20+ years old, and we should expect them to address the recent one? Don't think so. Since I posted my original comment, I moved on to Davinci Resolve and, so far, very happy and getting my jobs done flawlessly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes its super frustrating and I really hope Adobe gets these, what should be "basic editing issues" worked out. I honestly feel it has something to do with Apple and their whole Metal GPU acceleration implementation. Of course Final Cut works great on Macs with Metal, but if you think about it Adobe always is last to fix bugs and major issues on Macs, why? I cant answer that. Like I said before my workflow is highly dependent on Premier Pro and the other Adobe apps because they all work together so I really would hate to have to move back to Final Cut Pro or try out DaVinci which is rapidly gaining traction in the NLE world.Adobe seriously "LISTEN TO YOUR USERS" and address these issues. Because your users will leave just like they did when apple came out with FCPX. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines