• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Ram Issue

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my PC to 32Gb of ram hoping to increase my playback and performance in Adobe Premiere Pro. Though after upgrading I have noticed no increase or decrease in performance, I have even set my preferences to have Premiere use 24Gb of ram and I've only seen it use 15Gb at the highest when playing back footage with multiple effects and the playback of those effects are very choppy. My question is how can I fix this issue and make it so Premiere Pro is using the amount of ram that I am telling it to use, again 24Gb or more.

My systems specs are:

- Ryzen 7 1700

- MSI B350 Motherboard

- GeForce GTX 1060 3Gb

- G.Skill Ripjaws V 32Gb (4x8Gb)

- Western Digital 1TB Hard Drive

- Windows 10 64bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Hi anthonyj38393403,

As explained by Jeff, the Memory preference defined in Premiere Pro sets the maximum amount of RAM that is allowed to be utilized by Premiere Pro. This might not necessarily indicate the actual amount of memory being used by Premiere Pro. The actual amount of memory usage may vary depending on the complexity of the project. If you are facing issues with playback performance, then check if the Renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That setting tells Premiere how much it's allowed to use, not how much it will use.

Some effects use a lot, some not much at all.

Note that 3rd party plugins/effects do NOT adhere to the RAM restriction set in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the source footage your hdd might be the culprite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi anthonyj38393403,

As explained by Jeff, the Memory preference defined in Premiere Pro sets the maximum amount of RAM that is allowed to be utilized by Premiere Pro. This might not necessarily indicate the actual amount of memory being used by Premiere Pro. The actual amount of memory usage may vary depending on the complexity of the project. If you are facing issues with playback performance, then check if the Renderer is set to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro? )

If you are still experiencing playback issues then it is quite possible that Premiere Pro is not able to render the frames in real-time due to the complexity of the project, resulting in the frames being dropped. In such cases, you may try rendering the sequence to get real-time playback. (Adobe Premiere Pro Help | Rendering and previewing sequences )

Hope you find it useful.

Regards,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines