Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro V22.2 - Replacing transcript text via cut and paste

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully one of the engineers will see this - 

I absolutely LOVE the autotranscription and caption creation now within PP. Thank you.

I have a little problem though - I make medical videos for patients in English and Spanish. I can correct the mistakes (very few of them) in the English captions by just running through the whole video.

I have a professional script read by a VO in Spanish. Although I know a little, I cannot confirm the spelling and the use of accent marks are correct by just going through the video so I have tried to cut and paste the script I have into the sections that are created in the transcript - taking out the line breaks as needed. 

The problem is this - when I create the captions directly from the transcript - the timing is perfect, but there are errors I need to correct and it takes a long time. 

When I cut and paste the script into the each section created by the transcription - the timing is off. Not by much, but enough to make it unusable.

Is there are workaround for this. or am I going to have to go through line by line like I was doing before?

Thanks for any info!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

It's going to be a struggle. The trick the transcript brings is the word specific timing that is then used to create the captions. I have no idea how they do that. (Click on a word in the transcript, it moves the CTI in the timeline to that exact location.)

What you would like is to be able to export a timecoded version of the transcript which you could edit and reimport. They are right now working on that in the public Beta. I have not tested it enough to know whether there will still be smal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's going to be a struggle. The trick the transcript brings is the word specific timing that is then used to create the captions. I have no idea how they do that. (Click on a word in the transcript, it moves the CTI in the timeline to that exact location.)

What you would like is to be able to export a timecoded version of the transcript which you could edit and reimport. They are right now working on that in the public Beta. I have not tested it enough to know whether there will still be small timecode issues if the text changes much.

The Beta version (23.1.0) is a newer project file version, so you can't open a project file from there in PR 22. But you could do the transcription, export, fix, reimport, and captions creation there. Then export the captions (srt) and import that to PR 22.

The Beta can be installed independently from your production version(s).

See the Beta FAQs:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html

And here are Beta forum posts regarding this new option and some others that you'll also love:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-export-text-from-titles-and-mog...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-pauses-navigati...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-part-2-assemble...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for taking the time to give such a comprehensive answer Stan! Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines