• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere timeline scrubbing issue

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a bizarre issue that just happened while I was in the middle of working on a project. I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2018. Here's a screenshot of what I'm looking at for your reference.

1.JPG

Basically I'm suddenly no longer able to scrub directly on my timeline. To be able to scrub through the timeline I have to use the Program window and when I scrub through from there, it moves my timeline below. This works vice versa, when I try to scrub my timeline it scrubs through in my Program window. This makes splitting very difficult since it's hard to pin point a location.

Some ways I've tried to resolve the issue:

• Restarted Premiere
  • Restarted my computer
  • Made an entirely new sequence in case of corruption, re-imported videos
  • Made a new project
  • Cleared all cache within program

Other random issues that popped up along with this one:

• General lag when importing files
  • Couldn't see audio waveforms until I clicked above in the toolbar and they appeared.
  • When opening this sequence it wouldn't immediately place into my timeline until I clicked above in the toolbar and it appeared

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to use the Program window and when I scrub through from there, it moves my timeline below. This works vice versa, when I try to scrub my timeline it scrubs through in my Program window.

It's always worked that way.  It's supposed to work that way.

So...I'm confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem has been resolved. Really not sure why my srubbing was off but restarted the program once again and now it works. Guess third time's a charm.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

breezy673​: Check your Audio preferences. For example, if "play audio while scrubbing" is not checked, it won't happen. I noticed this just today when I was scrubbing and didn't hear any audio. I don't remember unchecking this box.

screenshot_1608.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue - no audio scrubbing while dragging around the timeline.  One difference though - I will sometimes hear a first 'burst' of sound before it goes quiet (like it's starting to scrub but then stops).   I've checked the audio preference (it's on), I've played with Shift-S no change (well, it turns off the initial burst, but no useful scrubbing), I've re-started the program - no luck.  And I can scrub  (on the same file) in the source monitor, but not when it's added to the timeline.  And it's only on certain projects - I can scrub in one, close it, open another, and the scrubbing is gone.  Thoughts?

Thanks for any help/advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Breezy673.

Do you still have this issue with your timeline control not working and program window being the only operational window. We are having this issue on Premiere 12.0.0 Build 224 and wondered if it went away when you went up a version?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I just ran into this issue. It was resolved by restarting the computer. Try it!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines