• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Won't Export

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have been trying to export a video for a couple of hours to no avail. When I select File > Export > Media, literally nothing happens. No pop up to select export settting, nothing at all. If I try a few times within the same session, Premiere will eventually freeze up and stop working. I use Premiere regulalry and this has never happened.

- Premiere is up to date

- I've cleared preferences

- I've deleted all media cache

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere

- Restarted my computer several times

Nothing has helped.

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Are you on WIndows with an NVIDIA graphics card? If so, could you please try going to Preferences > Media and uncheck "Enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding (requires restart)" then Save, Quit. Now launch Premiere Pro and try export again. Does it now work?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cwilliams, 

Sorry, I am posting here because I have exactly same problem happening to me today. 

When I click Export, the App Premiere Pro just freezes and I cannot modify anything. 

1/ The PC doesn't freeze on other applications etc which continues to move smoothly.

2/ I never had any issue in 2 months, new user here, but it always worked smoothly until yesterday update.

3/ The same issue appears when trying with PREVIOUS projects too, not just the latest one. 

4/ I also made the same tries to resolve that Mr Williams over - preferences, media cache, PC restart...

Please kindly help supporting on this - as I have clients waiting... 

Thanks !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on WIndows with an NVIDIA graphics card? If so, could you please try going to Preferences > Media and uncheck "Enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding (requires restart)" then Save, Quit. Now launch Premiere Pro and try export again. Does it now work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Trent,

Many thanks for your timely reply.

Your solution worked perfectly for me ! I'll let cwilliams confirm fos his own issue of course. 

Many many thanks ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick verification! This issue is under investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, also working on a Nividia card. This solution helped though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a brand new MacBook Pro top of the line and exported 3 weeks ago and can't today... Very frustrating, any advice? My graphics, MD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences where?? In Premiere Pro or in the NVIDIA graphics card control panel?

In Premiere Pro I did find Preferences > Media but nothing to uncheck "Enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding (requires restart)"  

Please help.  This is extremly frustrating.  It has been working fine up until now.  Ive tried 4-5 different so called fixed from Youtube but still no luck.  Im in the middle of a big project that I need to finish up ASAP

Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my PC laptop, I have options in the Preferences/Media for both H264/HEVC encoding, and also for decoding. Perhaps, if your computer doesn't have the particular processing chips needed, the option may not appear.

Not all computers do.

So ... what's your hardware? A couple regulars here would be able to tell you right quick what the capabilities were if you posted the details of your computer.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Have been on different forms for a good part of my day, to solve different problems

In my case im dealing with to problems which only seem to be solved by going back and forth between upgrading and downgrading between different versions.

With version 14.3 im unable to export. The screen does not pop up at all but premiere freezes all together

Downgraded back to 14.2 , now im unable to use, add or edit shortcuts.

Anybody know how one of those problems can be fixed, or a version where both problems are fixed?

Please let me know if things are unclear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here with 14.2. Nothing on my system has changed except the Premiere update. Premiere worked fine before that. There seems to be an issue with export. I'm able to get the export dialog to open but as soon as I choose h.264 or h.265, Premiere crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the Hardware Acceleration option in the Preferences/Media tab.

They added GPU encoding for H.264/HEVC codecs this release, and on some systems that seems to cause an issue if the hardware acceleration option is 'on'.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I have to revert back to software only. My graphics card is not supported under 14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and this fixed it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the sollution! I had to restart my computer but now it is working 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do i find this Hardware Acceleration media tab?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Media and uncheck "Enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding (requires restart)" then Save, Quit. Launch Premiere Pro again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just tried your solution unchecked "Enable........." and restarted the machine but still nothing is poping up when try File > Export. I have intel 10th gen i7 octa core processor and 2gb NVIDIA graphics. When I was using my old laptop which was i3 processor and AMD graphics, I have had no problem at all. I just upgraded to new machine, it has gone worse than my previous. Can you please advice what else I can do to sort this exporting problem? and also rendering is taking too much time at least 5hrs for color grading even with this high configured machine. I do only 10 mins video, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, we believe we have a fix for this in 14.3 Beta build 24+ if you would like to verify on your system. 14.3 Beta will install separately from 14.2, so it should not affect 14.2. You can find 14.3 Beta in Creative Cloud under Beta apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just tried your solution unchecked "Enable........." and restarted the machine but still nothing is poping up when try File > Export. I have intel 10th gen i7 octa core processor and 2gb NVIDIA graphics. When I was using my old laptop which was i3 processor and AMD graphics, I have had no problem at all. I just upgraded to new machine, it has gone worse than my previous. Can you please advice what else I can do to sort this exporting problem? and also rendering is taking too much time at least 5hrs for color grading even with this high configured machine. I do only 10 mins video, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! It is exporting into h.264 now after a bit. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it is now working for you, Julie. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Another problem arouse now, timeline and panels just freezing. If I click on clips on timeline, it is actually working but it's not highlighting the clip I selected and same for effect panels. Its just freeze if I search for any effects in effects panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting your Preferences? Hold down Opt/Alt key while launching Premiere Pro. If that does not help, I would suggest contacting Support. THey can help with troubleshooting the issue. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried contacting Adobe help. They couldn't figure out even after took remote control and encountered another error; V4 item was hiding V3 item in strange manner. Adobe help service tried to figure out how it was happeing but they failed to fig out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines