• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with video limiter. Can't adjust without taking yellows out of the image.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

I need to adjust many videos at work, about 30 Videos from 20 to 90 min duration each day.

And the fastest way is to set the Video Limiter effects at the export window.

BUT, it just doesn't work well.

The best way, that I realized, is to apply the Equalize filter and set the amount to equalize to 0.0%.

When I do this the image is really good, without loosing all the yellow. And all the chroma and luma levels go right.

But, I can't use this effect directly on export, I need to brig it on the media at the timeline and render before send it to media encoder.

I don't have all this time to create so many timelines and aply the effect manually.

Question 1. Is there a way to set the Video Limiter Effect to work as god as the broadcast safe was on FCP7?

Question 2. How can I add a different effect on the export window on Premiere CC?

Hope you can help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with Video Limiter in the past has been equally frustrating . . . it's simply not 100% reliable as a broadcast legal clamp for any and every clip. It's best applied to footage that has already been corrected manually to get it at least close to legal.

An alternative option you can try is to create a soft clip LUT in Speedgrade using the appropriate fxLegalize effect for your work flow,  then add that to your Media Encoder preset. It's reliable,  inasmuch as it will always deliver a legal output,  but to do so it applies some rounding to the chroma. . .  it's not a clamp.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: To be fair,  I should note that after discovering that it didn't work,  I have not tried the Video Limiter again since CC2014.  So my experience with it may be outdated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I will have to defer to others on this one.

2. You can't.  But what you can do is create an effect preset that makes it easy to apply.  (And you don't have to render before queuing an export to AME.)  Just add the clip to the sequence, apply the preset, CTRL-M to export, delete that clip from the sequence and add the next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can roll your own premiere broadcast legal preset with simple levels effect setting up two adjustment layers. one for luma, one for chroma. you can even put in soft clip.

example preset.

CreativeCOW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines