• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Productions: Now available in Premiere Pro 14.1

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Productions provides new tools for collaborative workflowsProductions provides new tools for collaborative workflowsA new feature for an upcoming version of Premiere Pro was announced at the Sundance Film Festival today. It's called, "Productions." 

Productions, now available Premiere Pro, provides new tools for managing projects, sharing assets between them, and keeping everything organized, whether you’re working on your own or collaborating with a team. Editorial teams can organize feature film workflows by reels and scenes. Episodic content creators can group their shows by season and agencies can allocate a Production to each client, for easy access to existing assets. You control your content: Productions use shared local storage and can be used without an internet connection.

Read all about "Productions" in the Premiere Pro Team Blog here.

Adobe Documentation on Productions here.

Adobe "White Paper" on Productions here.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very exciting for those of us working with features and working on large scale projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exciting news!

However, I really hope that Adobe will revamp the Project Manager function as well, or include that inside the new Productions function. Today, the Project Manager only works skin deep: although dynamically linked AEP files are included in the export, any dependent assets within those AEP files (say, a PSD or AI logo file) are not! I had to learn this the hard way when I reopened an old project from an archived drive only to find out that such assets were missing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i nest something and have a team member work on it meanwhile i am working on the same timeline -without opening the nested sequance of course 🙂

Possible !

If yes ... That would be heaven !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been using "Productions" for a couple of weeks, never been a fan of Premiere in a shared environment but as my current project started on Premiere with one editor, and there are three of us now, we decided to stick to PPro and split the main project into smaller ones, under the umbrella of a Production.

So far, pretty good. Well done Adobe, "Shared Projects" can be laid to rest as it was never quite there.

No idea if people at Adobe are monitoring this space, but here is some areas for improvement in the future:

- Adobe encourages us to do all the maintenance from the Production window, makes sense. But then why can't I empty the Trash from the Production window?

- On a similar note, whilst it's recommended to "Add project to Production" from Premiere, it would be nice to be able to add a whole folder containing one or more projects. Would make things simpler than having to go back and forth with Finder operations.

- When I open a Production, why can't it remember which projects were opened last time? I found a workaround by going to Preferences>General and setting At Startup to Open Most Recent... but it's not 100% perfect: all the folders in the Production window are closed when I reopen the app. It would be great if it could remember which ones were opened last time - think "project with dozens of folders" and you'll see what I mean. Also, when a folder in Production window is closed, you can't see that it contains an open project. Hence the need for the last opened folders to be opened on launch.

If it looks like this thread is followed by the "authorities", I encourage adding Production feedback here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines