• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project list disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened Premiere as I do every day and today my list of current projects was gone. The entire list... GONE. I went to every backup folder I had; a few I didn't know existed and there was nothing. No backup. Projects gone that I have been working on for the past three weeks. I did find this was a known bug in the past with NO solution. I spoke to a tech person at Adobe today and nothing. He had no clue and neither did any of the staff.

I'm losing clients and you are still getting my money.  Help or I'll just go to Davinci.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

You're talking about two different things: PPro's recent project list, and your actual project files on disk.

PPro doesn't delete project files. 

Deleting your preferences would clear out your recent project list, as would removing the storage volume on which the projects were stored. 

Did anything change, about the volumes attached to that system? Are your project files still visible, in OS file browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2024 Aug 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're talking about two different things: PPro's recent project list, and your actual project files on disk.

PPro doesn't delete project files. 

Deleting your preferences would clear out your recent project list, as would removing the storage volume on which the projects were stored. 

Did anything change, about the volumes attached to that system? Are your project files still visible, in OS file browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally nothing changed. I did everything exactly they same as I have been doing for months. I closed the program and shut down my Mac. Next day, opened Premiere and my list of projects was gone. As were the backups. No one uses my computer except me. A quick web search showed this is indeed an issue - old or not.

you can check here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/all-my-projects-disappeared/td-p/13091359

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your project files still visible, in OS file browsers?

That other thread was a OneDrive problem; are you using OneDrive, on your project (and auto-save) directories? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Just gone. I felt so bad for the person on the phone trying to help me, we tried everything. These projects are just gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using OneDrive, or some other sync service, to manage the directory containing your projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@madisonp81806346 

I know it's frustrating to not be able to locate your Premiere Pro project file, but the solution to the post that you linked to is the same as your post here.

Saving and reopening a Premiere Pro project file (.prproj) is not much different than saving and reopening a TextEdit document (.txt) or Microsfot Word file (.docx). 

Check the Apple pulldown menu for Recent Items (Apple Menu > Recent Items).  That's the Finder keeping track of your recent documents.

Try searching your Mac for files that end in ".prproj".

WarrenHeaton_0-1723067682774.png

Check Time Machine if you're running that.

Going forward, consider copying and pasting the file path of your project file to a Notes document.  To do this, select the project in the Finder and hold Option when doing Edit > Copy (holding option turns it into Copy as Pathname).  I do that frequentely when I have multpe project going on at the same time.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I promise, I looked everywhere and yes the .prproj stuff - everything. Gone gone gone. I am now keeping multiple copies literally in four places. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still not clear: Are you using OneDrive, or some other sync service, to manage the directory containing your projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! So sorry! No, I am not. Just my internal hard drives. I would save projects per client in their own folder. I have four clients and each folder (every save folder) is missing most of July's work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes! 

Also confirming: You've seen absolutely no other issues, or any lost files, other than .prproj files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. No other issues at all! Totally weird! When I open Premiere now, I see the current list of projects as I am rebuilding them but the past ones are still gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[DM'ing Madison]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines