• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about effects on rendered clips

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I apply an heavy effect like cut morph or stabilization to rendered and replaced clips (1080p instead of source 4k for example), it applies it to original high res source? I just want to be sure when I export final media I don't have to restore original clips so that it analyze and applies again the effect to high res source files instead of rendered low res preview. So can I apply effects after rendering and replacing clips in the timeline and being sure that they'll be exported with source file quality analysis and not 1080p low bitrate rendered files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Correct  ... internally it "assumes" original media, but uses the proxies for ease of playback only.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you creating and swapping the low-res yourself, or using the PrPro proxy system? If using the built-in proxy system, they always use the original media unless it is off-line.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

premiere.jpg
Thank you very much for the answer! I'm using this (render and replace, from right click menu on clips). Yes media are always online. I'm convenient applying effects within a fluid video so I can adjust easily and re-watching without lags. I was only afraid that effects applied here were analyzed and calculated on this low quality rendered files. In fact I noticed that if I return to original source clips It doesn't do analysis again so this should mean it was already calculated on source video files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct  ... internally it "assumes" original media, but uses the proxies for ease of playback only.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines