Suddenly my Quicktime export is gone. Maybe because I updated 

to Mac Catalina? Does anyone why?

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that your export might have been a QuickTime 7-era (32-bit) codec that you used. Apple began completely depreciating all of its 32-bit QuickTime codecs starting with Mojave, with the total discontinuance of such support coming with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I cannot export ANY Quicktime; it’s not in the drop down menu anymore
where it used to be. I need to export a ProRes422…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to verify, you don't see Quicktime as an option in the Format drop down menu?

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 7.53.12 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're probably not gonna want to hear this, but you should have a bootable clone of your startup drive BEFORE you do any OS updates so you can restore your system to it's previous state and get back to work relatively quickly.  Happy to help you with this workflow if you're interested.   

But in the meantime, let's see if there are any possible workarounds. 

Have you tried sending your export to Adobe Media Encoder via the Queue option?  Is the quicktime option available there?  If not, can you create a new preset and access quicktime there?

If it's an apple/adobe problem, you might try installing BlackMagicDesigns DaVinci Resolve and see if you can access a quicktime export from there?  It's a very different interface than premiere.  I think it's in the deliver panel...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's ... unusual.

Could you make a screen-grab of the Export dialog's Format drop-down list as you're seeing it? Use the Picture icon in the reply box formatting bar to add it into your reply so we can all see it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines