Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

R3D proxies on green screen. Workflow question

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have to edit with 4K R3D footage which I also have to key. The problem is that this project has to be done on a PC with much less power that I'm used to, so I have to work with some kind of proxy footage.

My question is: If I key a small proxy, will the keying be flawless when Premiere switches to the 4K clip for export?

If not, am I better off exporting the 4K footage with alpha on the powerful machine and then creating a proxy for that?

Any other suggestions for a painless workflow?

Thanks a lot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not key on the proxies!

Yes, do key on the original files and then export a matte or a video with Alpha. If you key on the proxies, you won't key the same video source, and you'll be dealing with artifacts (like compression) on the proxy that may not be on the full resolution video

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain how to export a matte or video with alpha? I need to use proxy files with video that is keyed. My video keeps freezing. I think because it's 4k footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Cineform or Prores, they can export with an alpha channel.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this screen in Media Encoder or Premiere itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This screenshot is from AME but Premiere has the same options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines