• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-transcribe sequence and Language Selection aren't available for Text-Based Editing

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I was hyped by the Text-Based Editing feature released on Premiere Pro 23.4 today, but I was confused by the new feature. I transcribed a sequence of a 40-min interview in Cantonese, but the default language was set to English, until I found out it's transcribed in nonsense English, the "Re-transcribe sequence" option in the drop down menu was greyed out. There is no way to delete the transcription data or redo the transcription process, unless I tried the old way "Generate static transcript" so I can choose another langauage and retranscribe the sequence, but text-based editing isn't available. 

Has anyone found out how to re-transcribe a text-based editing sequence? Or simply the feature wasn't there? 

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

You can not re-transcribe a TBE Sequence because it is not transcribed 🙂 - only the contained source footage is transcribed. The TBE sequence is just a compilation of that source material. 

So if your source clip is already transcribed in Cantonese, the sequence will also show a cantonese transcript.
If you really want to hard-transcribe the sequence, please select "Generate Static Transcript..." from the overflow menu in the text panel (upper right corner of the panel). This will disable TBE

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!!!!! This is the right answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy guys, im here with a kind of related problem. I actually transcribed an italian video in my premiere pro in italian, howeever when I'm triyng to delete a part of I just can't. The option is greyed out. Do you know how to resolve? thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are in the "selection" mode and not the edit mode. Click the edit text (testo corretto?), press the Enter key, or double-click.

Does that work?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sorry i have the same issue and like to choose "re-transcribe sequence" but is grey. how to change it? i choose by mistake english and need to change it to German... as the engilsh makes nonsense right now. please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kolja282207803yu6,

A screenshot would help.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is bloody infuriating. I cannot retranacribe a sequence in another language. It takes spanish audio and goes to english. Whyyyyy I cant even get the option for english let alone re transcribe being an option it is always greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot might help.

In the project panel, right-click -> re-transcribe. That should the option to pick language.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subject of this thread is re-transcribing a source clip when the language was incorrect. And it deals with the problem of the re-transcribe option being greyed out when you are in Sequence/Program Monitor view when the transcription is of a source clip. The tutorial does not address this. The tutorial recommends creating a static/sequence transcript to avoid the issue, but does not explain why "re-transcribe sequence" is greyed out.

The confusion about source media transcriptions and sequence ("static") transcriptions is a primary part of the text-based editing learning curve. If you don't want to use the text-based editing functions, just create static transcriptions of sequences and update (re-transcribe) as needed. And do not create source media transcriptions. But the text-based editing functions are very useful, and it is important to understand the difference even if you are not planning to use them.

Early in the tutorial, the sequence shown is already transcribed using "create static transcription." We know this because the 3 dot menu shows "Generate text-based editing transcript" and "re-transcribe sequence."

Then they click on another sequence, and say "it just doesn't work," because re-transcribe sequence is greyed out.  This time, we can see that there is only a source media transcript, because we see "create static transcription" and, since there is no static transcript, "re-transcribe sequence" is greyed out.

If you have only a source media transcript, and you are in Source Monitor view, you will see "Re-transcribe clip" (NOT sequence).

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines