• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recommended PC Specs

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my clients has asked me to provide a quotation for a Windows PC to run Premier Pro CC. It is essential this software runs correctly.

I have read the spec recommended by Adobe, can anyone confirm a spec to comfortably run this software?

Info on graphics cards etc would be welcomed.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

It is hard to make a general recommendation not knowing if it has to be costeffective or taskeffective.

Some genral advices:

GPU: Nvidia Cards go above other GPUs. In general take GeForce over Quadro: GeForce vs Quadro as Fast As Possible - YouTube

CPU: The more Cores, the better. Threadripper would be superb!

Harddisk: Run the OS and Premiere on a SSD. If working with highres Material (4K +) consider a SSD or fast RAID for that. You will also need a normal big HDD for storing media longer than a pr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is hard to make a general recommendation not knowing if it has to be costeffective or taskeffective.

Some genral advices:

GPU: Nvidia Cards go above other GPUs. In general take GeForce over Quadro: GeForce vs Quadro as Fast As Possible - YouTube

CPU: The more Cores, the better. Threadripper would be superb!

Harddisk: Run the OS and Premiere on a SSD. If working with highres Material (4K +) consider a SSD or fast RAID for that. You will also need a normal big HDD for storing media longer than a project endures. Depending on how much and how long something should be stored this needs a deeper investigation on archiving. Besides that I myself use another SSD for Premiere's Conform Media so I don't have to worry about this constantly growing chunk of data.

RAM: 16 but better 32 GB. You also come away with 8 but you will reach borders soon.

Catution: Premiere acts like a diva. It tends to be more buggy the more programs are installed on the PC. So at best only run Adobe programs on the PC and Email etc. on another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines