• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red/white checkerboard is back

Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this issue has returned with 2018.

Troubleshooting errors related to clips displayed as red and white checkerboard with old projects th...

Built a large number of Lumetri Effects using a downloaded set of LUT's, and they are causing the red/white checkerboard problem again. I can disable the LUT's used in the Lumetri Panel, and the problem goes away. Anyone else seeing this?

With CUDA processing on, it's simply a black screen, but when I turn CUDA off, I get the red/white checkerboard.

Asus P6X58D Premium

Core i7 950

24GB RAM

nVidia GeForce GTX 770 4GB (388.31)

Windows 10 Home 64bit

System Drive(OS, Projects) - Crucial SSD 275GB

2nd Drive(Pagefile, Media Cache) - SSD 150GB

Media Drive - Internal 2 Disk RAID0(onboard RAID controller) - 1TB

Adobe CC 2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Hey sebrame,

This is weird!

I'd file a bug for it and give as much info to the engineering as possible. Please use this link to file a bug report: Bug Report Form

That would be appreciated.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to restate this for clarity of the operations used: you have a set of downloaded LUTs, and you used them placed in a Lumetri panel either Basic or Creative tab with other settings to create a preset stored for use. That correct?

Which version of PrPro did you build these presets?

Who made the LUTs? Have you checked with them on compatibility with PrPro 2018?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, I used the LUT on the Creative tab.

Version 12.0.0 Build 224

Got them from Lutify.me. I'm checking with them now about compatibility.

Funny thing is, I've been using them for a couple of weeks now without issue. Then today when playing the timeline I suddenly get a black screen on on clip, and those after it are black as well, though the clips before still display correctly. I've recreated the Lumetri settings on each clip, and they are working fine now. Before I started rebuilding the effects, I tried deleting the Media Cache and database files, trashed preferences, deleted all renders, all the normal troubleshooting efforts, but still got the black, and when the CUDA processing is turned off - checkerboard. Guess I'll just have to see how long these newly created Lumetri setting hold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maddening, huh? Well, from your list of steps, you seem to have some experience in dealing with PrPro's little joys we get now and then ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've been with Premiere since '5.something', and ever since CC, I've sworn at every update that I wont give in until the '.2' gets issued, yet here I am...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I resemble that comment! 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey sebrame,

This is weird!

I'd file a bug for it and give as much info to the engineering as possible. Please use this link to file a bug report: Bug Report Form

That would be appreciated.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines