• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

REFRAME FX by GoPro - total messed up video only at export

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, I am totally getting crazy.
Short: My export from Adobe Premiere or After Effects (as soon I turn on VR) is totally messed up. It's a 21:9 heavily zoomed in and wrongly stichted video / It's missing some parts of the verticalview (vr in adobe ist set to monoscopic 360 degree x 180) .
Longer: I am professionally working in the indusrty for over 10 years. In general, I know what I am doing but this is the first time using 360 videos and espacially the insta360 one x2.
I installed the Insta Studio including the adobe stuff and I installed GoPro FX Reframe. Inside Adobe everything works perfect (as in every tutorial shown). Even the export preview is absolutely correct. If I export without the VR option, everything is fine, If I export with it I always get this extremely zoomed in 21:9 aspect ration which is not even the project or export settings.
This example is a 360 photo used as a video, but the result is the same if I use the 360 videofiles.
Sorry for the messed up kitchen, but this was a test shot where you can see the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH7NKKYzSiQ
Funfact!!!: The preview picture is correct! No Zoom or wrong stitch there... as soon I start the video... it's messed up.
Thank you for your help!
TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you screenshot your sequence settings, export settings and programme monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

thanks for your answer.

New export preview is hell xD

But here is everything requested.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you disable the GoPro FX and export with VR enabled?

Do you get the full 360?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mike for your answer, I am back on the topic and tests this weekend, had a lot of work to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike,

that's funny.... it will recrop the picture as I deactivate GoPro FX as expected.

If I export it, same result: Totally zommed in 21:9, wrongly stitched.
It will stich exactly the left and right ends together as seen in the picture I included.

I can turn around inside the video, but it's missing parts. As soon as I activate GoPro FX I can turn around inside adobe perfectly and wronlgy after export... there are again parts missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very likely a player problem, not an Adobe problem. Sorta. The player needs the metadata to read that the file is a 360 file and to warp it accordingly, it doesn't seem to have that. GoPro hasn't updated their plugin for forever now and I would imagine something is possibly missing that it flags for Premiere, or Premiere is missing the ability to export 360 footage. What version of Premiere are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Graeme Bull,

Adobe is up to date or nearly up to date with Premiere CC 22.3.0.

A lot of people are using the insta 360 and the plugin.
I couldn't find anyone with this problem....

The intersting part: as VLC and Youtube are playing it back wrong, the automatic youtube thumbnail is correct....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a GoPro Max, I'll give this a try later but I completely stopped using Premiere quite some time ago as it NEVER rendered out a good quality version of the video after version 21 or something. They did something in the back end and no matter what setting you put in, it just would never render out anything useful or viewable in quality. Now I just export from the GoPro app, which is a huge shame. Maybe they've fixed that, I'll have to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you 😃

As I am stuck with this problem, I used the 360 degree footage es normal 2D Footage and worked with the GoPro Plugin and with keyframes to zoom, pan, tilt... which worked perfectly. Only VR / 360 degree encoding is messing up....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines