Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

relinking files from external drive

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 
I moved the project and have files in the new external drive. Premiere is trying to relink the files with different names. I couldn't find the answer in the forum how to fix it, hope someone can help.ana problem.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the highlighted row is just one you selected. Look at the top of the dialog box, you'll see that Premiere is trying to locate the same file that it found. Plus, the "DIsplay Only Exact Name Matches" box is checked, so you can confirm the two file names are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I selected (highlited yellow) different file to be found. I was always selecting one of the missing files and then running the search. Should I do it differently? Will it solve the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand...  You select a file with a specific name and premiere seems to indicate a file with a different name...  Can you manually relink to the file with the correct name?  Probably a good idea to duplicate your project in case things get screwed up.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused.  The file name in the "previous path" matches the file found name...  Unless I'm having a senior momentScreenshot 2024-02-16 at 10.14.26 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-16 at 10.14.17 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Thank you for the answer. Yes, it is super confusing for me also: I selected A096C003 to be located. Adobe is searching for A096C005 instead and yes, it is finding it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've seen this behavior before as well, but in my case I wanted to relink all files in the end. Is there a reason you don't want to relink all of your files? If the folder structure is the same, but the drive letter has been changed, relinking the one piece of footage should relink the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines