• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing a green screen backdrop video to create a transparent backdrop video.

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am completely new to the forum, so thanks in advance for the help and guidance to get me started in Premiere Pro.

I would like to be able to remove the green background from the flying birds in the attached video. I would then like to be able to create the birds flying but on a transparent background. And then finally I wish to place the flying birds over the still image of the sunrise I've attached to this post.

Is the above possible and if so would there be anywhere I could gain an insight on how to achieve this. I guess as  newbie it would have to be a simple step by step guide, take nothing as a given.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help me with this.

Rob

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. I will take a look now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just before I look in detail, with the second example attached, this is a circling pair of gold stars rotating around a central point with trailing startdust. The background on this occasion is black. 

1. Can the black background be removed so as to export these gold rotating stars as a transparent video?  and 2. Would the tuition be the same as in the video you kindly link shared with me.

Thanks

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your helpful links Kenneth.  In the example in the referenced video, If I import the video I showed on a blackbackground the notes say that this video should be imported above another layer,  

".. On a Timeline, place a clip on a track higher than a track where another clip is located. Premiere Pro superimposes, or blends, the clip in the higher track over the clip in the lower track."

What should be placed on the lower track in the timeline. Another colour.. The reason I am asking is I would like to remove the black  background and then export the video as a transparent video without the black or any other colour or background of any sorts would this work following these instructions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> The reason I am asking is I would like to remove the black background and then export the video as a transparent video without the black or any other colour or background of any sorts 

The only "transparent video" I am aware is QuickTime with alpha channel, or FLV (died years ago 😒)(Or separate alpha channel only black and white video)
What's your end goal...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My end goal is to remove the black background. Then there will be a circling pair of stars on a transparent background. I intend to then create another back ground to apply the animation minus the blackbackground to.  If it were a still image and we were in photoshop, we would simply use remove background tools and then add a different desired background image.  I am trying to do the same thing, remove the black background from the video so that the gold stars can be added to a transparent selection in a layer over a still image OR another video. I hope you follow the above.

Cheers

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remove the black background in After Effects,

Search for Unmult Effect shown in the screenshot below 

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.41.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Mohammad, and does this leave a transparent background where it was black background before ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also what is the full menu path to reach Effects and Presets or is this a main menu item ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines