• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RENDER PROBLEM - AME and Premiere Pro CC causing random horizontal lines on H.264 Renders

Contributor ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the new mac pro with freshly installed, up to date software, so of course something isn't working right...

When exporting batches of H.264s from Premiere Pro CC using AME, I get random horizontal lines on screen for most videos. (see below image for a clear example of one of these random horizontal bugs. the line below the logo is the issue)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.46.37 AM.png

Tried restarting the app a few times, which gave me a clean render here and there, but mostly the issue persists and it's taking me forever to produce clean renders. I notice this problem less when exporting straight from the timeline in Premiere Pro, but alas it still happens.

This random issue is catastrophic for my workflow. Help?!

[Text formatting corrected.  Please type your posts directly into the forums, as copy/paste often leaves unwanted code throughout.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 879 Replies 879
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom,

To be specific the 18 June update to PP CC?

Are you the same Tom who posted above about positive rendering?  Two different addresses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. There’s two Tom’s on this thread. I just checked and realized you were reaching out to the other Tom.

FWIW, I have just installed the final release of 10.9.4 — after having used the beta release for the last week. I am running the 18 June update of Premiere Pro. Just completed a couple of render tests.

So far, it’s all good. So very good.

Tom F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tom F.

Well I went for it and also the 18 June update and just rendered my current show.  Will see over the next couple of days, fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tpf1952 wrote:

FWIW, I have just installed the final release of 10.9.4 — after having used the beta release for the last week. I am running the 18 June update of Premiere Pro. Just completed a couple of render tests.

I also just finished upgrading both my Mac Pro, and my Macbook Pro.  Interestingly: the image downloaded for the Mac Pro was quite a bit bigger than that for the laptop.

[Insert suspicious music here]

Anyway, as with the 10.9.4 beta I was running, I'm seeing clean and clear exports with the final 10.9.4 in Pr 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very glad I did not upgrade my MacBook Pro since my Mac Pro is now worse then ever.  Video stops playing about 15 sec in and I get a green 3/4 screen.  Then I try and do anything and lock up.  Now after 4 lock ups and it does not matter Kevin if it is Software render.  This software just does not work well at all on the new Mac Pro 12 core.  Glad others are having early luck but I would say DO NOT UPGRADE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, PLEASE keep us up to date with progress. I will only upgrade my setup if a week from now the same people having successful renders, etc are still having them. So far every time people on this forum try a fix and proclaim "everything works now!", the next day these issues return.

thanks a million for being guinea pigs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't resist. So far so good. Will continue to report, good news or bad.

Tom F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good with 10.9.4 OPEN CL working great! no glitches, AME is now loading properly and not crashing...CC 2014 Working well...Just wondering if you guys are already using CUDA Driver 6.0. I still have the 5.5.28 and Wanna make sure 6.0 is good so I can upgrade to 6.0 and start the Round Trip tests with Davinci...

I appreciate you feedback guys....

I am glad we are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel...Finally!

Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alainmaiki wrote:

So far so good with 10.9.4 OPEN CL working great! no glitches, AME is now loading properly and not crashing...CC 2014 Working well...Just wondering if you guys are already using CUDA Driver 6.0. I still have the 5.5.28 and Wanna make sure 6.0 is good so I can upgrade to 6.0 and start the Round Trip tests with Davinci...

I think you're confusing the APIs and hardware a bit, here.  This thread is focused on the new Mac Pro 6,1 with the AMD GPUs.  AMD and CUDA aren't compatible; CUDA is an nVidia-only API.  If you're running a new Mac Pro, there's no reason to have the CUDA libraries installed at all.

If you have a prior Mac Pro (3,1 - 5,1) with an nVidia card in it, then by all means run the latest CUDA libraries.  But that's a topic for a different thread, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have a New MAC PRO with D700 GPUs. I am asking which drivers are

using the New MAC PRO Users with the new Premiere Pro update and OSX

10.9.4. It is same topic about getting glitches in Premiere pro. I would

like to know with CUDA Driver are using the Folks that are getting positive

results with the new OSX Update together with the CC 2014...

I am running tests and wanna provide results to the folks with my same

NEW MAC PRO.

Thanks

Alain Maiki

Director || Producer || Writer

www.epicinmotion.com

t +1 786.329.2631 (USA)

t +58 414.297.1858 (VZLA)

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm5541057

twitter & Instagram @alainmaiki

AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD Si usted ha recibido este email por error, favor

de notificar inmediatamente al remitente a la dirección mostrada en este

email. Esta transmisión puede contener información confidencial. Esta

información es para el uso del individuo(s) o de la entidad a los cuales se

intentó dirigir. Favor de eliminarlo de sus archivos si usted no es el

recipiente previsto. Gracias por su cumplimiento.CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE If

you have received this email by error, please notify the sender immediately

by email at the address shown. This email transmission may contain

confidential information. This information is intended only for use of the

individual(s) or entity to whom it is addressed to. Please delete it from

your files if you are not the intended recipient. Thank you for your

compliance.

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Jason Van Patten <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alainmaiki wrote:

No, I have a New MAC PRO with D700 GPUs. I am asking which drivers are

using the New MAC PRO Users with the new Premiere Pro update and OSX

10.9.4. It is same topic about getting glitches in Premiere pro. I would

like to know with CUDA Driver are using the Folks that are getting positive

results with the new OSX Update together with the CC 2014...

You don't install CUDA drivers on the new Mac Pro.  At all.  There are NO nVIDIA GPUs on the new Mac Pro, and CUDA is an nVidia-only API.  That's what I was trying to say.  The required OpenCL drivers for GPU use are built into the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jason. I understand now. But I am confused because CUDA driver for

some reason I had it install based on the forum reads. I guess I have to

uninstall it then? Cuz it is install in my computer, I thoughtt it was part

of the process when we were trying to figure out the glitches in PPRO...

Alain Maiki

Director || Producer || Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alainmaiki wrote:

Thanks Jason. I understand now. But I am confused because CUDA driver for

some reason I had it install based on the forum reads. I guess I have to

uninstall it then?

It shouldn't be there and can safely be removed.  You should never install the CUDA libraries on the new Mac Pro for any reason.  All they're doing is cluttering up your OS.  It's reported that some (non-Adobe!!) applications might install older CUDA libraries by default.  I'm not sure which applications those are.  It's a useless thing to do on a new Mac because the libraries won't serve any purpose whatsoever.

Go ahead and trash them.  They're unneeded. The problem is that nVidia, in their usual infinite stupidity, didn't include an uninstaller for the drivers.  There are guides on how to completely purge nVidia CUDA libraries from your Mac, but they're all manual, and require you to carefully type commands into a Terminal window.  Search them out on Google, and be exceptionally careful with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting back and all is well.  I have completed more work in the last 4 hrs then the last two days. 

Still one section of my timeline that stops video from playing but I do not think it is the machine.  I am working around that for now and hope to deliver this tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that your work situation with the new Mac Pro and Premiere seems to be taking a positive turn.

I’m curious about that dubious section in your timeline/sequence.

Tom F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding that CUDA topic: I have it installed as well on my nMP and don't really know why. I think it came with Davinci Resolve... Do i have to remove it? Can I break anything if I do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom F.,

Yea it is weird that one spot.  I cut and paste the same section since it is the intro to the end and works fine there.  That is what makes me think it might be a render or preview files that is causing it.  But it is only 4 sec in a 20 min show so I am not letting it hold me back. 

Very nice to be back rendering timeline fast and not on software only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am having success.

This show is out the door.  Very impressed with render out speed it took 24 min for a 20 min show with loads of effects and tracks.  Played it back and the section that gave me a hard time on the timeline was fine. 

I dive into the next show tomorrow starting from scratch.  Any good input on render, autosave, preview file location?  Should they all be with the media or on the same drive just different folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for the delay in responding.  I have been quite busy editing all afternoon and failed to check back to this thread.  Yes, I had previously installed the update to Premiere Pro 2014 CC when it came out on June 18th.  In all the work I have done today after the install of Apple's software update to 10.9.4, I have observed no problems either in playback or rendering. 

Tom W.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

playback seems choppy now... with a few fx applied.

didn't happen with 10.9.2

but the lines and corrupted renders are gone, yeah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm getting the same issue except on a 2013 iMac.

When I render footage out of Premiere or DaVinci I get horizontal lines of artifacts. It seems that most people were experiencing similar problems with Mac Pros. Has anyone else reported this problem from an iMac?

Mac Model: 2013 iMac 27”

Memory: 32GB 1600 MHz DDR3

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Premiere Pro version: CC 2014

Storage - local vs network: local

3rd party IO?: No

Dual monitor GPU?: No

3rd party plug-ins loaded?: Colorista

Type of footage?: 4K and HD -- ProRes 422 / 422HQ, CinemaDNGs, H.264

I took my machine to Apple and they replace 2 DIMMS of RAM + the logic board. The issue wasn’t resolved so I partitioned my hard drive to start with a clean slate. Reinstalled CC 2014. Same issue. Any idea if this is a related issue or if I need to be troubleshooting elsewhere?

Here's one frame with the artifact.

Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 12.45.08 PM.png

Thanks,

Drew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2014 Jul 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dappermedia,

Sorry this is still happening. Is this RED footage?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

Yes it is. I took my computer into the Apple store for the 2nd time. They ran a test and said the RAM was failing, so they replaced all four sticks. They said they tested it again and it was working fine. I plugged it back in, went to run a test render, and right away I'm seeing the artifacts again.

I'm rendering out ProRes422HQ from 4K RAW CinemaDNG files from the Odyssey 7Q.

This is happening when I export from Resolve, and gets worse after a second export through Premiere.

How do I disable GPU rendering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... See post 137.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines