• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution for still images that will be displayed on a 4K tv screen

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a short video using still images that will be displayed on a 4K video screen. The sequence preset is set at 1080p25fps. What is the correct resolution for the still images? The program keeps freezing at higher resolutions, if it were video I would use proxies, but can't because they are stills. 

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
Thanks for the message. Sounds like an interesting project. We'd love to know the resolution of the images in terms of frame size. Are the images overly large compared to the frame size of your Sequence. Are you needing to scale them down? That may be the root cause of the issue. We'd also like to know about your computer and its components: CPU, GPU, and RAM. Can you provide that info? Finally, since your display is 4K, would you like your sequence to be 4K, as well? Let us know that detail too. Sorry for the frustration. Hope we can help with just a bit more info.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not working with a current resolution, I'm just wondering what to resize high resolution professional photography to. As for sequence, I would like the end result to be 4k to match the screen. So currently working in ProRes Raw 4k 23.976, 2160 x 3840. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-12800HX

GPU: NVIDIA RTX A2000 8GB Laptop GPU

RAM: 32GB (4800 MHz)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want the image size of the still images to be at least 3840-by-2160 in RGB color mode (about 8 megapixels and PNG is a good choice) in a 2160p Sequence at whatever frame rate the 4k video screen supports.  The stills should be single layer images.  So if you have multilayer PSDs or TIFs, save flattened duplicates for Premiere Pro.  

If you want to push in or pan them, you'll want the still images to be 1.5 to 2 times 3840-by-2160.

While working in Premiere Pro, do try the following:

• Set the Playback Resolution to 1/4 or 1/8
  • Set the Paused Resolution to 1/4
  • Set the Sequence Video Previews to QuickTime ProRes 422 LT

Hopefully, you're working from fast storage media (SSD is ideal).

As long as your computer isn't more than six to seven years old and is an i5 Intel/Ryzen5 or better with at least 16GB of RAM, it should handle 2160p stills well.  An i7 or i9, Rysen7 or 9, or M1 or higher should handle it very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines