• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RTX 3090 NVENC Encoder Error on Export

Enthusiast ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to an RTX 3090 and runnign into the following error that happens at somewhat random spots in the video time.   I have been renderign the  same project a bunch of times as I was testing to see what improvments have results in the change to a RTX 3090.  I came from a Titan Xp, which rendered everythign without issue or fail in the past.  This issue started only when I changed to the RTX 3090:  For some extra clarity, this render job doesnt always fail, only about 1 in 3 times does it fail, in different time code as noted with the last 2 codes I captured from the error log.

The export format is the default H264 YouTube present, but wil the Bit rate at 65mbps, and max quality turned on.

- Encoding Time: 00:20:08
11/17/2020 11:47:06 AM : Encoding Failed
------------------------------------------------------------
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\Z:\TEST.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:29:20:10 - 00:29:20:11
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

- Encoding Time: 00:04:53
11/17/2020 06:12:52 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\Z:\TEST.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:07:00:39
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

The System is an Intel 10980XE with 128GB of memory @ 2933Mhz (No overclock an any system).

RTX 3090, 5x NVME Drives

(OS, Source and Media export to different drives for the purpose of this test.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Version 20H2, OS build 19042.630 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Video Card Drivers were updated this morning (Drivers listed below) but the same issue presented the same way, with the Studio drivers that were just prior to this also.

Nvidia Studio Driver 27.21.14.5730 (11/6/20)

The Source File happens to be a 60FPS from a samsung phone.  I noticed that the latest change log mentioned 60FPS issues. I dont know if this applies to me, as I never had issues with the exact same project file and sources with the Titan Xp, only started when the 3090 was installed.

CHANGE LOG: 

• H.264 export of High Quality 2160 4K preset does not work properly with 60 fps sources.

I was using Premier Pro 14.5 Yesterday and same error and fail condition.  Upgraded to 14.6 This morning with the same error code.

CPU and CPU Package never exceed 60c and the RTX 3090 never goes past 65c, NVME drives Temp are as little higher since I installed the 3090 at 40c but the samsung software shows thats still fine.

Is there any insight that could be shared related to this error?  The unpredicable nature of when it happens concerns me.  As a side note,  rendering the timeline to a number of different formats results in no detectable errors for preview.  I delete all the render files prior to export also.

Any assistance or investigative path would be welcome. 

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an incredibly old post but did you ever find a fix to this? I'm using a 3090 with and R9 5950x and have just started coming across this error today, seemingly out of nowhere. I've tried everything from redownload Adobe, to doing a fresh install of windows. I'm aware that I could just use software encoding but that ruins the point of spending all this money on a 3090...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did,  it had to reinstall windows and the adobe suite from a fresh install and it all worked perfect.

I would make sure your using the latest studio driver for the video card also;  I have seen small glitches with the game driver for the 3090.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines