Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling isnt what was wanted

Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working on a project that is 1920 x 824. Yep. Designed for a museum to fit something specific. Unfortuneately Blackmagic card/monitor doesnt feel too agrreable to that so I reset the sequence settings to 1920 x 1024. I could see what I was doing and in the correct aspect ratio. A major part of this project has been all the text for which I have been using Essential Graphics. When I finished the first day, they wanted a 1920 x 824 H264 to send to the client, so I reset the Sequence Settings accordingly, rendered one out, saved and shut down for the night. This morning I started up, reset the Sequence Settings to x 824 and then noticed all the text was strangely resized. Couldnt work it out....client assured me that what we had sent was all good but now the text was all too small. I went through and resized it all. Interestingly the "scaling" box in the Essential Graphics edit panel was changed in all instances from 100% to 76%. It gets changed every time I changed the Sequence Settings. Is this expected behaviour? Is it documented? I realise that I can change the aspect in the render settings and that seems a way to go but leaves me short when it comes to gauging how far text is from a screen edge or framing large stills. Is it a bug? Is it a setting somewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

It is normal for Essential Graphics elements to resize when changing sequence settings, if you want to keep your text

size unchanged, you can nest the text layers before changing the sequence settings, or you can click the Reset Parameter

icon next to Scale property in the Transform

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change sequence setting and scale gets changed: check Set to framesize or Scale to framesize is on or off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. Its an essential graphic element - does set to/scale to frame size apply?

And if it did - how come it doesn't reset the size after reverting? I found that for every change to the Sequence Settings aspect, the Essential Graphics elements were scaled again: first from 100% to 76% then to 58%. I think a maths boffin would be able to predict the next number in the pattern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is normal for Essential Graphics elements to resize when changing sequence settings, if you want to keep your text

size unchanged, you can nest the text layers before changing the sequence settings, or you can click the Reset Parameter

icon next to Scale property in the Transform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also change the output resolution in the export panel.

In the export settings, in basic v ideo settings, uncheck the ratio link icon and set your width/height accordingly.

And above the video preview, in the source scaling dropdown, select scale to fill to have your video export accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines