• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select IN to OUT doesn't work anymore

Explorer ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest 2024 update, the Select IN to OUT function doesn't work anymore. It's still there as a possible function to choose from in the Keyboard Shortcuts, but when I use it in a timeline, it selects the entire clip, and not IN to OUT. It used to work fine.

Does anyone else experience this too? 

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-05-08 om 12.25.27.png

Specs: Mac Studio M2 Max, Sonoma 14.2, PP 24.3, BM UltraStudio 4K Mini, Avid Artist Transport / Artist Mix
Monitoring: HDTV, Behringer MS40 active speakers (thru DAC)
TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest 2024 update, the Select IN to OUT function doesn't work anymore. 

By @Patrick Minks

You must select A1, A2, A3 as well. See the attached image.

The easiest way to select all in one go is to Shift+click on let´s say A1.

Averdahl_0-1715164533575.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not true. Track selection was always possible with selecting IN to OUT. And as you can see in the pic below, selecting A1, A2, A3 doesn't make any difference. 

Scherm­afbeelding 2024-05-08 om 12.40.06.png

Specs: Mac Studio M2 Max, Sonoma 14.2, PP 24.3, BM UltraStudio 4K Mini, Avid Artist Transport / Artist Mix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not true.  

By @Patrick Minks

In your first image only the video has the in/out set. In your second image both video and audio has the in/out set. It will show more clearly if you deselt the clips on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might not made myself clear enough. In the pictures you see the result of using the "Select IN to OUT" command, which shows that this command now selects the complete clip(s) in the timeline and NOT the area that is defined by the IN and OUt points. As said, track selection is of influence of course. But my point is that the "Select IN to OUT" doesn't seem to work anymore. Which is annoying because I use it a lot when editing timeline to timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out that with IN and OUT points and any track selection just using copy/paste does the same as Select IN to OUT used to do. For me the problem is solved when editing from timeline to timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines