• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence preset to choose for new project

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused about selecting the right preset for my project.

We will be shooting with two different devices:

One is a Sony camcorder that records in HQ mode / with a frame rate of 60i  / and HD quality

The other is a mini iPad

What preset would you recommend?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

The trouble I think Jim sees with the mini iPad is it probably shoots in variable frame-rate mode (VFR), and past that, may do a number of "auto-adjust" things that can make showing a consistent image in editing ... difficult.

The variable frame-rate problem can be worked-around by downloading HandBrake, and then converting all the files you'll use from that iPad in Handbrake to Constant frame-rate (CFR) so that PrPro will work with them.

The better option, as Jim notes, would be to stick with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend matching the sequence settings to the Sony footage and forget about using the iPad.  It's not a proper source for editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trouble I think Jim sees with the mini iPad is it probably shoots in variable frame-rate mode (VFR), and past that, may do a number of "auto-adjust" things that can make showing a consistent image in editing ... difficult.

The variable frame-rate problem can be worked-around by downloading HandBrake, and then converting all the files you'll use from that iPad in Handbrake to Constant frame-rate (CFR) so that PrPro will work with them.

The better option, as Jim notes, would be to stick with the Sony or get another actual video camera to use.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Neil, I probably do that.

I am getting some clips from a friend and if she doesn't have anything else but the iPad I will have to go with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines