Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence settings for multicam proxy workflow

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am about to start editing a multicam shoot shot in 4k, but to be delivered in HD. This is great fro me because it means I can do extreme reframes with no picture quality loss.

We are using the proxy workflow and have transcoded all the footage to 2k ProRes Proxy. My question is what frame size should I edit the proxies in? Should it be half HD ie 960x540 because my rushes are half their original sizes and thus all resizes will be the same relatively. Or can I still work in a HD sequence and expect Premiere to be intelligent enough to keep my resize choices the same when I switch to full res?

thanks in advance

s

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're working in CC2017, did you create those using PrPro's Ingest/Create-Proxies process? Or did you make them manually?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Neil, I used the ingest/create-proxies process and want to be able to switch between proxies and full res on the fly for viewings

best

s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use the 'main' clips on the timeline, and use the little icon on the program monitor to toggle between full & proxy. You DON'T make a separate timeline ... PrPro handles all that detail.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can I still work in a HD sequence and expect Premiere to be intelligent enough to keep my resize choices the same when I switch to full res?

Yes.  This works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines