• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single-spaced lines become double-spaced when copying and pasting into Essential Graphics text box

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, I copied and pasted text from Word or a .txt file into Premiere Pro's Essential Graphics text box without issue.  Now, when I do the same, the line spacing goes from single to double.  This occurs whether I copy and paste from Word or from a .txt file.

I've tried replacing the relevant paragraph marks with manual line breaks, and adjusting the line spacing in the paragraph settings in Word.

The text is a graduation scroll; it comprises a person's name on the first line, followed by the person's job and location on the second line -- everything single-spaced.  Then there is a double space, followed by another person's name and info.  Here is what the text is supposed to look like (somewhat -- I can't use single spacing here): 

Joe Smith

President, X Corporation blah blah

Cindy Jones

Graphic Designer, B Company blah blah

Henry Davis

blah blah blah

Instead, every paragraph mark or manual line break results in double spacing.

I would appreciate any assistance from the community.  Thank you in advance!

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Problem solved.  If I want to preserve the line-space formatting of my Word document, I must paste it into Rich Text (.rtf) Format, then paste into Premiere Pro Essential Graphics text box.  Not sure why it has to be this way, but I'll take the win because I have a deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Glad you got it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2024 Aug 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it, top is from a single click on the program monitor with the text tool, and the lower one is from a drawn box with the text tool, both pasted from Chrome.

MyerPj_0-1723584724213.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2024 Aug 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I copy and paste from Word or .txt, not from the web.  What are your results from Word or .txt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved.  If I want to preserve the line-space formatting of my Word document, I must paste it into Rich Text (.rtf) Format, then paste into Premiere Pro Essential Graphics text box.  Not sure why it has to be this way, but I'll take the win because I have a deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it. 

I can get it both ways from Word, where I don't get line breaks I want, or I get too many, so I think it's in the way the source program gives you the data / text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines