• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SLOW dynamic link in CC2019

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was running soo smoothly between After Effects and Premiere before i upgraded to CC2019.

I´m currently working on a project with several (+30) lowerthirds that i have made in after effects and imported via Dynamic Link. This stopped working after the upgrade! Everything goes very slow and i have to sometimes restart och switch between AE and PR to get the graphic up in the program window.

Anyone have a solution or the same problem??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

One thing that seems to help a bit is to have the AE project open – as soon as Premiere gets stuck on the dynamic graphics, quickly switch over to AE and then back again. It takes a second by hitting cmnd-Tab twice on OS X. Premiere will then run sooth again, at least for me.

It's certainly not a fix but it helps a lot. It feels like Premiere and AE disconnects after a while and that you have to reconnect them. I'm sure there is a better explanation than this though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi christopherl55820750,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try to reset Premiere Pro preferences (FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro? ) and clean cache ( FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files? ) to isolate any cache or preference corruption issue.

Also, please clean the cache for After effects by clicking on Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache. Once done, check if the apps are working properly.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried what you suggested. Problem still persists.

Problems started after updating to CC2019. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't help btw ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's insulting how many trouble Adobe is cousing to all the people.

All the desktop app have some failure.

I'm Adobe user since 2000 and I have no words...

Please bounce back tho the golden era

thank yuo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very insulting... although many designers complain about all these unresolved issues they persist for years with no solution but to accept them and remain furstrated.

Adobe... after almost 2 decates working with you,
hope some one will be brave enough and replace you! the sooner the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having same problem after upgrade to 2019 dynamic links render very slowly.  What would take a minute will now take 10mins.

It is a fast Mac Pro and we had no problems with 2018 either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! I have MacBook Pro 15 (max spec.) and also powerful iMac Pro and after update to 2019 version it's a never-ending story. ADOBE please fix it! All of us paying every month money for these programs so please don't slow down our workflow. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've run up against a known issue. Can you file it here, christopherl? Premiere Pro: Hot (3221 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing that seems to help a bit is to have the AE project open – as soon as Premiere gets stuck on the dynamic graphics, quickly switch over to AE and then back again. It takes a second by hitting cmnd-Tab twice on OS X. Premiere will then run sooth again, at least for me.

It's certainly not a fix but it helps a lot. It feels like Premiere and AE disconnects after a while and that you have to reconnect them. I'm sure there is a better explanation than this though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works for me too!
Cmd-Tab is the new thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I'm placing dynamic links into After Effects. Works ok with one dynamic link but more than one and it will not preview. iMac Pro, 128GB RAM.

I'm getting so sick of this. I spend more time in forums trying to troubleshoot software issues than I do actually working.

UPDATE:

Purge everything then clear all disk cache and memory. That seemed to fix the issue for me, however, opening the AE file still takes a long time.

UPDATE:

I've had to remove all dynamic links from my files because it takes so long to open an After Effects file that uses dynamic links. See attached. Opening a 30 second comp that contains 4 dynamic links. Each link is less than 5 seconds.

IMG_1803.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I've never been a fan of dynamic link, but it's become unusably slow now.  A comp with little bit of masking takes sooo long to render in Premiere that it's just not worth my time to entertain using dynamic link. It's so so much quicker to copy the footage into AE, export and import back into Premiere. At the office I work in they have a policy of NEVER using Dynamic Link because it's so slow and unreliable.  It's getting to the stage now where I wish Adobe would stop releasing new versions every year and spend more time making sure things don't suck.  I don't pay this much for a rushed product each year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines