• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Softening/Feathering Black Bars from a large image sequence to fit 4K video

Contributor ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the previous replies on these two related posts, since I cannot adjust the image sequence I have to fit in 4k video without creating black bars, I am definitely looking to soften the black bars on the sequence.

A bit long winded of a question but the material is all here for my overall result to get the desired look on the two side bars. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related Posts that bring me to my question here.

Why I have two black bars on my sequence

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2616276​

What I have done in the past with lower resolution video which I am attempting to do here with my large sequence to 4k output

Feathering video like example shown in Premiere CC

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2584165

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It brings me to the idea to look into "softening" the straight two lines on the side. So far when I have attempted to apply a mask I cannot get past 1000 on the expansion and leaves me with this width. I have also applied some feathering, which shows the idea I am going for on the softening of the black bars.

feathertest1.jpg

I have tried the pen mask tool briefly, but I am a bit confused how it works, I just started using it so will attempt to draw "around" the box to get the mask I am looking for to get the soft edge on the black bars...any tips are appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Hi Jaydw

There are a few different ways to go about creating a blackOverlay with sausages.

If you wanted to be perfectly symmetrical, then you'll have to go in aftereffects. In premiere Pro you can create a Color matte that is black. Put that on the layer above and create a mask using opacity mask tool.

And after effects,You can create comp your desired size.Then create a black solid layer.Then double-click the circular mask tool Which creates an oval to fit your screen size. You can resize that ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auhh I forgot about the drag and drop controls! It has been awhile since I tried this so I forgot about doing that, Any tips on how to make it look the best on feathering or other options would be awesome! Thanks again

Ideally I want a perfect rectangle to feather instead of a dome shape, even thought I select the rectangle mask, I suppose I just need to play with it to get the perfect rectangle then feather.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jaydw

There are a few different ways to go about creating a blackOverlay with sausages.

If you wanted to be perfectly symmetrical, then you'll have to go in aftereffects. In premiere Pro you can create a Color matte that is black. Put that on the layer above and create a mask using opacity mask tool.

And after effects,You can create comp your desired size.Then create a black solid layer.Then double-click the circular mask tool Which creates an oval to fit your screen size. You can resize that mask in various ways. Double clicking it allows you to have a bounding box and you can grab the sides or corners to resize perfectly.

Hope this helps

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines