• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some shots outputting backwards to Quicktime

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just output a motion picture from its 4k timeline out to 1920x1080 Quicktime. The Project is 98 Mins but broken into 3 separate projects to avoid any lag. For the past few mos the project has gone swimmingly with practically no crashes or problems, of course working with PROXY's to help avoid that. I installed the Swiftly Studio transition program a couple weeks ago, which too has been a great tool for some cool transitions. I output the film about 3 weeks ago with no issues -  all good. Upon outputting yesterday and watching the film back burned onto a bluray to enjoy on our big-screen TV, several shots were backwards (or horizontal flipped as Adobe calls it). These shots had NO effects on them and were only flipped on the steadicam shots used within the film (but not on all of them). I went into the project files and all these flipped shots were correct within their respected timelines BUT "flipped" in their quicktime outputs and no matter what I do, I cannot change those shots from outputting to Quicktime incorrectly (backwards). I've tried it without the Swiftly files too (again those shots have none of the effects on them anyway and those that do, output just fine). The only thing I can try for my upcoming screening is going into the quicktime files I output while inserted/dropped into a new project file and "Horizontally Flip" them back before converting once again before watching on bluRay or any other format. I have tried outputting the project in its native format (4k) to see if that would help, but it doesn't. Any thoughts as to what in the heck is going on here? Im stumped. I have a 4Ghz Intel Corei7 iMAC late 2015 Build

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Jul 28, 2019 Jul 28, 2019

some smart people are shooting with the camera upside down now, because there's a setting that the camera has that can say, " this camera is upside down now, so when it goes into an NLE please recognize the metadata to it flips the image right side up and does not make it a mirror image ."

It saves a lot of time when moving a camera from a tripod ( right side up ) to a little Steadicam thing where the camera mount and dovetail is now upside down !

How cool is that ??

Not all NLE's recognize the me

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some smart people are shooting with the camera upside down now, because there's a setting that the camera has that can say, " this camera is upside down now, so when it goes into an NLE please recognize the metadata to it flips the image right side up and does not make it a mirror image ."

It saves a lot of time when moving a camera from a tripod ( right side up ) to a little Steadicam thing where the camera mount and dovetail is now upside down !

How cool is that ??

Not all NLE's recognize the metadata and they think it some kind of weird iPhone shot ( vertical turned horizontal ) or upside down ARRI camera, or whatever.

I suggest you shoot stuff right side up and horizontal like a real movie frame, and avoid the problems !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sir I think you nailed the head of the nail into that coffin. Turns out the shots were indeed filmed USD via steadicam. I had 38TB of media to go through and some of the shots had been made right by my assistant without my knowledge so I assumed your suggestion wasn’t the issue. Having said that and now we know why, any thoughts on how to get them to output properly (as they’re seen in the timeline)? Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines