• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed Ramping Issues after Premiere Pro 14.0 Update

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Premiere Pro 2020 i have been having major playback issues when trying to speed ramp any footage on my timeline. I am usally taking some 120 fps and slowing it down then speeding it up. I had no problems doing this in 13.1.5 it would always playback smooth without using optical flow or a need to render. 

Now in Premiere 14.0 i cant make any speed ramps without using optical flow and rendering everytime i make the slightest adjustment. If i dont use both optical flow and render frames freeze and i get extremly laggy playback.

What can i do? I love the new features of update 14.0 on paper but i havent been able to put them to use because of this issue i am forced to go back to 13.15. 

Please help!!

Regards, 

Joe

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Edit: ...duplicate post. Removed.]

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue, and tried everything to solve this. The only workarounds I found were the same as yours, which added too many extra steps to my workflow for my liking. One other solution I found (that only sometimes worked) was to switch my rendered to Mercury Playback Software Engine Only. Which for obvious reasons isn't ideal for a fast workflow.  So I also decided to roll back to the previous version which solved the problem entirely. 

I know for sure that this isnt my laptops problem, but a premiere pro v14.0 problem. It could also be a little setting we need to toggle that comes as a default in this new version. 

Im also suspicious that the problem lies in how the new premiere pro interacts with our GPU's.  I noticed that the speed ramping function now has the ability to go past 1000% on the new version, so I was also wondering if that was the cause of anything as well.

Please let me know in this thread if you happen to find a solution somewhere else Joe!

All the best 🙂

Dee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i hace the same problem, ended up using the older version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to have posted what worked for me that was sugested by support.  I will keep my findings to myself in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same speed ramping issue with Premiere Pro 2020. 

Do you have any ideas, how to solf this folder deleting at a Macbook 2019. Can´t find the folders you discribted. 

Thanks für your help 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With respect,

Not every problem is solved by removing settings. This used to be the case once, but nowdays the chance of settings becoming corrupted is less than 5% for a typical. user. We have to stop suggesting people to so. Sometimes we just have to accept that the latest version is only for testing, and not suitable for pro work.

This error is by now a known issue of 2020 release, causing it unusable until a proper fix is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines