• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speedgrade and Lumetri.

Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I become interested to explore Speedgrade. What's new in CC 2019. Is it still supported? Is the LUMETRI tool (in Premiere) enough and more powerful than Speedgrade? Could you clarify me this please? Thanks a lot.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

SpeedGrade was discontinued four years ago.

I loved the Direct Link workflow but ah well.

The Lumetri panel has much of the functionality of SpeedGrade and is the current reality.  I can work with it with my Tangent Elements control surface quite well.

On my blog I do have some articles on what the tools do and some basic working practices.

rneilphotog.com

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SpeedGrade was discontinued four years ago.

I loved the Direct Link workflow but ah well.

The Lumetri panel has much of the functionality of SpeedGrade and is the current reality.  I can work with it with my Tangent Elements control surface quite well.

On my blog I do have some articles on what the tools do and some basic working practices.

rneilphotog.com

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I viewed your LUMETRI'S CREATIVE TAB... MORE THAT IT SEEMS! Blog.  I tired your recommended workflow.  I had never thought of this workflow.  It works great.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a ton more with Lumetri including grading an 11 hour "slow video" program with 50+ clips from a GoPro naturally full auto so exposure and color needed constant keyframing.

I've got more things to say and show that will be appearing on my blog or over at pay-site Mixinglight.com.

My first couple tutorials there are outside the paywall, free, and my next couple on color management detailed from SDR through HDR and a quick look at the issues with the Mac P3-Display screens will be also.

Much of those are not covered by any documents and worth attention when they get posted. They answer a lit of questions and dispel the myths that gave arisen because of a lack of complete explanation from Adobe previously.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

==============

I've done a ton more with Lumetri including grading an 11 hour "slow video" program with 50+ clips from a GoPro naturally full auto so exposure and color needed constant keyframing.

===========

Oddly enough I've been doing some tutorial on color lately and the words 'color key' came into play...

Up until recently I thought of a key as something like chroma key or using some sampling of an area ( like qualifier ) to change color etc.

And the words Keyframes always meant ( to me ) making keyframes to tell when changes happen in sound level or motion/ position and so on.  This was initially very confusing because I thought of KEY as keyframing.  Rather than that it can be the very simple method used to adjust luminance and balance of shots to get ready for the first step in color grading. If the color temp is different in shots due to white balance differences, you are balancing stuff, I think, rather than doing any real color grading ( or color correction ).

keying shots, in my opinion, can be thought of as a kind of matching or basic Y and color balance activity to individual clips.

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank U. I took a quick view to your blog and looks relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Over time, they've added a lot of functionality to Lumetri, and even though I still miss SpeedGrade, with the use of a full Tangent Elements control surface I can get by with Lumetri fairly decently for most things.

I still wish they'd rebuilt SpeedGrade.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines