Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stabilizing talking head footage

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Ive got some talking head footage shot on a dslr but like a complete newb I left the IS on my lense whilst it was attached to a tripod.

So the footage skips every now and again as the IS kicks in (so the person in the footage jumps to the side slightly).

I've tried warp stabilizing to try and smooth these skips out but the clip then just goes all over the place, so I was wondering if there's a solution to this?

Theres a good hour or so of footage so I'd rather not re-shoot it!

I'm an aspiring PPCC beginner so any advice you could offer would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hiding jump cuts (by going to b-roll or by pushing in on a slight close-up and then back out to the wide view) is probably the easiest way to solve your problem but if the conditions of your footage are right, you could try using the Morph Cut effect:

Remove jump cuts

Applying the Morph Cut transition in Premiere Pro CC

Troubleshooting the Morph Cut transition in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cut to b-roll at the jumps. Use graphics or illustrations or cut to a zoom in or zoom out.

Think creatively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding jump cuts (by going to b-roll or by pushing in on a slight close-up and then back out to the wide view) is probably the easiest way to solve your problem but if the conditions of your footage are right, you could try using the Morph Cut effect:

Remove jump cuts

Applying the Morph Cut transition in Premiere Pro CC

Troubleshooting the Morph Cut transition in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Stefan and Peru Bob this is really helpful.

I've been playing around with cutting to some close ups and already my footage looks more interesting!

Morph cuts looks cool too but haven't had a chance to apply them yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines