• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Story book in the back and you in front

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have watched several videos on YouTube of storytellers. What I have seen is that the storyteller for example is standing in front telling the story of the book that is behind him or her. When the storyteller finish telling the sentence from the story book I notice the page of the story book will peel off itself (transition used) to move to the next page and the storyteller disappear after the page of the story book is peeled off and then he or she appears again to read the sentence that is in the next page of the story book. How can I do this with Adobe Premiere Pro? I need step by step instructions on how to do this. 
To help you understand what I am talking about see the video below. It is a storytelling in American Sign Language but don't worry about the signing. Just see how in this video the storyteller is standing in front and the book is behind. Also, notice once the storyteller finish reading the sentence of the book the page peel off itself to move onto next page and the storyteller disappears and appears again. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vKtlYaMkxbs

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put your content on 2 tracks, the one at the bottom is for the pictures and the one at the top for the storyteller.
You should shoot the storyteller with a blue or green screen, use the effect "Ultra Key" from the effects panel to remove the background's color, now you have the storyteller keyed on top of the pictures. To make the storyteller disappear just add an edit point using "Add edit" or the razor tool and drag the clip's in-out points to create gaps.

For the pictures on the track below, arrange your pictures with the right timing, then use the transition "Page Peel" at edit points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. Where do I fine the tracks in Adobe Premiere Pro? How do I go about adding pictures at the bottom of track 1 and adding storyteller at the top of track 2? I don't have blue or green screen. I record myself from an iPad then I save my videos to put in Adobe Premiere Pro program. Do you know of any YouTube videos that will show me how do this what you just said? I am new to this program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very simple thing to do if the filming was correctly set up. Here's the process:

1. The narrator should be filmed with a chroma screen (green screen probably best) behind them. The lighting of a chroma screen makes all the difference to a successful result or not (that is something that whoever does the filming will have to ensure).

2. The editor will have to remove the chroma screen by use of a 'keying' plugin within PP or After Effects. Keylight is the simplest, free plugin that comes bundled with AE - it's probably in PP too, but I only really do this sort of work in AE. There are many, many tutorials about how to get the best results with keying software, so have a glance at YouTube for more detail.

3. Animate the book. Set up each page of the story as you want them to appear in the timeline (ie each page on screen for the amount of time you want). Then, simply add a 'page turn' transition at every point where you want the page turn effect to appear.

4. Pop the footage of your narrator over the top.

All done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. No one film me. I only use an iPad to record myself and then save videos to add to Adobe Premiere Pro program. Do you know of any YouTube videos that will show me what you said? I am a novice in this Adobe Premiere Pro program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - You need to film yourself standing in front of a flat background, ideally a green or a blue screen, but it seems you don't have access to any. So at least stand in front of a white wall, and make sure you're not wearing anything white.

2 - Import the videos into Premiere, right click > New Sequence from Clip.

3 - A new timeline will open containing the clip on the first track V1.

4 - In the effects window, look for Color Key and drag it onto the clip in the timeline.

5 - In the effects control window, use the color picker to from the Color Key to pick the white background of your video.

6 - Adjust the Color Tolerance to remove the background completely.

7 - Hold the clip on V1 and drag it upwards, it will automatically create a second track V2.

8 - Put your images under the clip on V1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. 

Jorge 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines