Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange pixelation randomly appears on clips

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I've shot a sequence in BRAW in 4k, I've colored it in Davinci and then exported in 1920x1080 ProRes 422. This is the sequence in VLC, everything looks fine. In the projects there are some clips who got the same treatment, shot in 4k, colored & exported into premiere, and everything seems to work there.

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 14.14.47.png

When the sequence is uploaded in Premiere this happens. 

This happens in preview. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-10 at 2.03.18 PM.jpeg

this happens in the timeline

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-10 at 2.05.18 PM.jpeg

and the export comes out all chopped like that. I'm really behind schedule with this project, I hope someone can help me. Here are some project & file settings.

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 14.21.02.png

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 14.22.40.png

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Frame size (1998x1052) seems a bit odd, although that may be a deliberate choice... is it?

The Video Preview size 1920x1011, however, does not match with the frame size.

This means that Adobe has to re-render each pixel and may be the cause of seeing the pixelation in some of your straight lines.

Does the problem still manifest itself when you match the frame size to the video preview size?

Please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the Frame size is a choice, I've now tried changing the video preview size but nothing changes. When I go back and check that the preview size has actually changed, it hasn't. Even if I type in the correct size. It's strange. It resets and remains 1920x1011.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines