• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stranger Things Intro Question

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me insane, but how would you do the transition from solid text to video at the :52 mark?  Stranger Things by Netflix - Opening Credits (1080p) - YouTube

I understand about the track matte effect, but I can't get it to transition from a solid color to a video.  It's either one or the other.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Build the Track Matte effect with the text clip used as the Track Matte source to reveal the background. Then place a copy of the text clip on a track  above the effect you created so that it masks the effect below it, and when you want the background to appear in the letters, dissolve the top text track off.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Build the Track Matte effect with the text clip used as the Track Matte source to reveal the background. Then place a copy of the text clip on a track  above the effect you created so that it masks the effect below it, and when you want the background to appear in the letters, dissolve the top text track off.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While MtD's answer is correct, I thought I'd add some details to help you and others who may not be familiar with this effect.

The top title clip (V6) has no effect applied.

The middle clip (V5) is the video I want to reveal in the lettering.

The bottom clip (V4) is the same title clip as the top clip but has the Track Matte effect applied with Matte set to V5 and Composite using Matte Luma:

screenshot_1086.png

Track Matte effect settings applied to the V4 clip:

screenshot_1087.png

When the sequence first plays, I see just the text in the top title clip:

screenshot_1088.png

After the top clip dissolves away, I see the matte effect you want:

screenshot_1089.png

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does help, but now the video is black and white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Post a screen shot of your video in the Program monitor (without any mask) and then with the mask applied so we can see what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines