• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System out of Application

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to export this video for the past week and a half now and I just can't seem to be able to because I keep getting this message. It always pops up around 70%-80% export completion. It's a roughly 20-25min video and I've never had problems exporting videos of that length. I'm currently exporting a 5min video just to see if it's an issue with those files or not. 

I've tried everything I can think of. I made space on my MacBook Air, I have 119.86GB of space avalaible. On my Seagate Ultra Touch I have 765GB of space. I reset my preferences in Premier Pro. Not sure what else to do besides maybe re-edit this video from scratch. Also, when I'm exporting Premier takes up around 46GB of memory when I check my activity monitor. Is that a normal amount or is that too high? As I'm typing this the 5min test video is only taking up 3.85 GB, granted I know shorter video means shorter memory but still.

Anyways, does anyone have any solutions for this problem I'm experiencing? I'll appreciate any help i can get.  

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

I'm glad you were able to export your edit on your brother's laptop. That certainly suggests that your laptop is the issue here.

If you're working with a less powerful machine, optimizing encoding early in the process is really helpful. Resizing your footage and converting variable frame rates before you begin editing will help significantly.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this, kinda. I split my video into two 11min parts so that once exported I can just take those two back into a project and export the full 24min. The first half exported without issue but the second gave me the same message. My guess is one of the clips I used near the end is corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using any third party plugins?

did you try to delete render files from sequence and clean media cache?

did you try to move the files locally and export from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know I don't believe I'm using any third party. I didn't know I could delete render files so I might look into that. When I reset my preferences I also deleted my media caches, so I did that but still no luck. I haven't tried moving them to my laptop, I've been doing it from my hard drive. I will try that too and see if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screenshot of your export settings and tell us the specs for your Mac Mini? Specifically, the processor, graphics card, and memory.

This information will help us troubleshoot the issue more effectively.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a very technical person, but here's all the info I got. Also, I took my 24min video and split it in half. My plan was to export a 11min and another 11min and then take those two videos into one sequence and export the full 24min, incase it was an issue with a corrupt file or something. The first 11min video exported without issue, the other half gave me the same "out of memory" also around the 70% completion part. My guess now is that maybe one of the clip files near the end is corrupt? My next option is to try and export the video on my brothers MacBook Pro. Anyways, here are the images.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your computer specs, you are at the very low end of Adobe's minimum requirements for Premiere Pro.

It sounds like you're running out of memory (not storage) during the export because your machine is not very powerful. However, looking at your export settings, there are a few things you can do to make it less taxing on your computer's memory.

One or all of these are recommended to speed up your export and require less memory from your computer:

1. In the Export window, set Audio Sample Rate to 44100 Hz. Your sequence has an audio sample rate of 44100 Hz, but you're exporting at 48000 Hz. This is adding no increased quality to your audio but will require more memory to export.

2. Change your sequence size to your export size. Your sequence size is 3840 x 2160, but you're exporting to 1920 x 1080. Setting your sequence size to 1920 x 1080 and then resizing your footage in the timeline (right-click your clip and choose Set to Scale) will reduce processing time.

3. Resize your footage and change your frame rate to CFR. Your footage was shot at 3840 x 2160 with a variable frame rate (VFR). It will significantly speed up your final export time if you resize this and change the frame rate to a constant frame rate (CFR) first. You could do this with Premiere Pro or software like Shutter Encoder Shutter Encoder. I recommend using a mezzanine codec like Pro Res 422 for this.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. I did steps 1 and 2, the only one I'm a little lost on is step 3. If I select and right click on my clips, then go to modify,  and then interpret footage, I see the option to have all my clips at a constant frame rate. My only question is what would be a good frame rate to have it on? You also lost me at mezzanine codec, Pro Res 422. Im exporting my video now after doing steps 1 and 2 so I will reply again if that works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For step 3, instead of re-interpreting the frame rate, you should export it to a constant frame rate (CFR) and then import that file into your project to edit with. Choose a frame rate that's closest to your variable frame rate. As well as this, it's recommended to downscale your footage at this stage while converting your footage to CFR.

Regarding mezzanine codecs, ProRes 422 is a high-quality codec that is less compressed and ideal for editing. To export your source video as ProRes 422, in the Export window, go to Preset and at the bottom of the list, choose More Presets. Search for "ProRes 422" and choose the Quicktime format. This should automatically select a CFR that's closest to your VFR.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didnt export after steps 1 and 2, BUT the export time was LOT faster and it went a little further (84%) so thank you for the help on that! I will try this 3rd step and get back with you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i ended up exporting the video on my brothers MacBook Pro and it worked perfectly! So my video is FINALLY exported, but the issue still remains on my end. Next video I try to export will probably give me the same issue. From now on should I resize all my clips with Shutter Encoder to save space and have a smoother exporting time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you were able to export your edit on your brother's laptop. That certainly suggests that your laptop is the issue here.

If you're working with a less powerful machine, optimizing encoding early in the process is really helpful. Resizing your footage and converting variable frame rates before you begin editing will help significantly.

Cheers,
Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, just one more question. I'm experimenting with Shutter Encoder so that I know what to do with future videos. I take a video file, I go to "Choose Function", click "Apple ProRes" and "422", go to "Scale" and set it to "1920x1080", then go to "Advanced Features" and "Confirm by Blending" and set it to 60fps. I then press "Start Function" to start confirming my video clips. I took a 1.89GB file and followed those settings and got a 22.3GB file, so I actually got a bigger file instead of a smaller compressed file. Where did I go wrong in that process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines